Why do we still have gold penalty on death.

Discuss Median XL!
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Leave it as it is, after all it is Diablo game, not some new age bullshit game. If we change (read copy) everything, what do we have left?
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
villur wrote:i usually just drop all my gold on the ground when im playing solo. Only problem is that it will dissapear after like 30min or so if you dont pick it up during that time.

As you can tell from not seeing me in the game all that much recently I've been too afraid to play much the past four or five days after I lost 3.5 million gold on my Rat Druid (all of it) after dying in act 3 destruction seven or eight times in 10 minutes.

I felt too tired and frustrated by always putting my gold on the ground because I knew it was going to catch up to me. And finally I left my game without picking up the gold I was trying to keep safe from my numerous deaths. I knew it was bound to happen eventually. I'm slowly making a summon Necro right now but I'm not ready to jump in and play just yet after those bad experiences with losing my gold.

I've got to get over certain hurdles in this game before I truly enjoy it.
Hopefully soon I'll be able to succeed on a summon Necro and be happy.

It's easy for other people who are pros at this game but I'm struggling.
So much so I have thought about going back to the original game.
But I love the forums on Median XL so much that I'll keep playing the game also.
superwash
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dreamhunter wrote:Leave it as it is, after all it is Diablo game, not some new age bullshit game. If we change (read copy) everything, what do we have left?

This game is hardly diablo 2 anymore that flew out the window a decade ago haha. I do believe we need a gold penalty, just not one where there is no way where its impossible for me to save a little bit. The fact that the stash is not safe is misleading and a waste of time.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
superwash wrote:Dying is indeed a core part of this. It cannot be helped unless we redo everything and start over. We have major limits and its insane to see what the devs have accomplished over the past decade. I would be happy and content with the penalty on banked gold being removed. That way i can actually save up gold for once instead of losing it everytime i do an uber im trying to push.

Unda im not going to ask you to leave because this is a public place, but please could you stop derailing my thread. I am trying to have a legitimate discussion and all you are doing is shitting all over the rest of the community and clogging my post.

My only mistake here is that i didnt read between the lines that this will be thread for brothers in pain and that you expect to hear only voices which will lead to healing an ant bite by amputation.

In your initial post you was only telling how hard you are fucked by lack of gold and completely disabled. So with that you should be expecting straight answers to solve that emergency calls like others early posted and so I.

You dont want to see that even if gold penalty will be removed you will run out of gold at some point of doing ubers in same manner you did and then what, now going to aquire gold will be acceptable for you? The real issue is that you are dying so much with your build whatever it is and not my job is now to investigate that you either lack on gear, build, approach. Have you asked earlier someone if dying multiple times on specific uber/ubers with your setup and build is its feature? Weird keybindings on few builds can make huge difference. What im saying is that maybe gold penalty isnt a witch that must be burned on stake to let kids sleep well.
superwash
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I do not understand why your being such an asshole to me dude. If your having a hard time at home and want to talk we can if you want, on discord or skype. Also you cannot assume what i am assuming that just makes us both look stupid. I do not understand how you fail to see how the gold penalty adds nothing to the game, when instant kills are neigh impossible to prevent all the time. There is not a ton of information explaining every little detail in this mod. There is soooo much complicated stuff compared to old d2 that is difficulty to figure out for anyone besides the guys that make it. The community is a essential part of this, and it is hard to play it in single player, not impossible. This is not a professional (they are not being paid a wage) game, its a very well thought out and complicated mod which creates and solves problems on its own. One of the downsides is it is not noob friendly, and they have done a hell of a job to make it have an easier barrier of entry. Making a game noob friendly is not the same as making the game easier to play. Just easier to understand. There is only so much they can do at a time, and the gold penalty is on the plate of things to change. Having to stop everything im doing just because the game lagged and i died because things got crazy, is not game play. That is just an arbitrary step that slows down everything. There is a reason why they make the changes they do, like getting rid of having to run down to your body to pick up shit. That change does make the game easier, but it was also pointless because it was easily subverted. So they got rid of it, so everyone would be on the same playing level and not deal with an antiquated rule. Whats the point of forcing a noob to struggle when he wont be able to figure out easy ways to get gold without massive trial and error, or by asking an outside source.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I dont have a reason or purpose to be an asshole to anybody, so it can be that it was misunderstanding of what who meant and assuming some stuff can be also misleading. I can sound salty sometimes, its not because i want people to feel bad but only because im trying to be straight. Some misunderstandings can be result of flaws between languages.

With no doubt we have other opinion on that change, for me gold in median was always like crafting reagent and predicting its loss on death was part of the deal, it provides you so many good things that time needed for aquiring it wasnt big inconvenience either after or before death, tho i will be not affected by its death penalty removal. We will see what other changes besides death cooldown timer will be implemented, my guess is amount of gold income nerfed from all sources.
krys
Rust Claw
81 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
I have kind of opposite problem, because greater signets of gold (300K) drops like crazy in the Torajan Jungle so I have almost full stash of signets without any way of spending them (dying isn't solution because I play hc and my merc stubbornly keeps alive most of the time) :wink:
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
superwash wrote:
Dreamhunter wrote:Leave it as it is, after all it is Diablo game, not some new age bullshit game. If we change (read copy) everything, what do we have left?

This game is hardly diablo 2 anymore that flew out the window a decade ago haha. I do believe we need a gold penalty, just not one where there is no way where its impossible for me to save a little bit. The fact that the stash is not safe is misleading and a waste of time.

Not a bad idea imo. Super nerf stash capacity, and make the gold in it safe. Make's sense.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
marco already mentioned the gold and xp penalty after death are going to be removed soon and replaced with a 5 second timer, so we can start talking about that :lol:
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Just cap the gold in stash loss. Keep 500k or so in it at all times without risk of loss. Timer is stupid and wastes...time.