Why do we still have gold penalty on death.

Discuss Median XL!
superwash
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is incredibly frustating. I am sick and tired of losing all my gold when I die. It totally fucks you, you cant buy potions, you cant repair gear, you cant rehire your merc to help. So you have to either stop everything your fucking doing to run to a random safer spot to hopefully get a random item that sells for 100k or deal with the stupid shit where you died and try to scavenge real quick. This breaks the flow of everything you try to push. This needs to be fixed /rant
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
superwash wrote:This is incredibly frustating. I am sick and tired of losing all my gold when I die. It totally fucks you, you cant buy potions, you cant repair gear, you cant rehire your merc to help. So you have to either stop everything your fucking doing to run to a random safer spot to hopefully get a random item that sells for 100k or deal with the stupid shit where you died and try to scavenge real quick. This breaks the flow of everything you try to push. This needs to be fixed /rant

I usually save any rare gear i find while playing in my cube so in case of any excessive deaths and gold loss I already have gear ready to sell for more gold. The gold loss doesn't seem like a real issue for me doing this even having my weapon cost upwards of ~700k to repair.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I try to drop all my gold on the ground and when I die I lose nothing. But two nights ago I forgot I had a few 900,000 gold piles on the floor. I was in a bit of a rush to sign out, and that was 1.8 million lost. I almost wanted to cry at first but then I realized Median XL is meant to be an unforgiving challenge filled with many deaths.

Oh well, easy come and easy go they say. When I find a lot of good sacred items in destruction I can make that gold back rather quickly but it's definitely an annoying hindrance for beginner players. You have to strategize and prioritize in advance when starting new characters, unless you're an experienced and rich veteran player with plenty of assets to go around.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Laugh in SP

There is several things you can do to "magically" store some gold via items and there are several farming spots for gold.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Go to the trojan jungle for 1 minute - you should have max gold in tokens right there. Solves all gold problems forever.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I like the idea of going to trojan jungle but it's so hard for me.
I'll end up dying six or seven times there and feel a little frustrated.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Pickup any rare T5+ Body Armor, with good stats (%ED mainly) you'll get max vendor price. Higher requirement armor = more $.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Reddit-ish kind of rant.

On topic, gold are pretty easy to get. Just save high runes and good bases and they sell for good
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you cold just go back in town every 15-30 minutes and store the gold/runes/gear other usefull things in the stash
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
superwash wrote:This is incredibly frustating. I am sick and tired of losing all my gold when I die. It totally fucks you, you cant buy potions, you cant repair gear, you cant rehire your merc to help. So you have to either stop everything your fucking doing to run to a random safer spot to hopefully get a random item that sells for 100k or deal with the stupid shit where you died and try to scavenge real quick. This breaks the flow of everything you try to push. This needs to be fixed /rant

First, why you didnt used Short Questions Thread, you will get answers there usually in minutes or try on Discord chat.

Sacred gear with specific affixes makes some gear worth more at vendors, will not list them all because you can figure it out easy on your own, example -% resistance pierce.

Another method to fast get gold for merc is just to keep any runes and punch them into Balanced Knifes from Malah in A5 and resell, selling runes above Ist is always 50k in A5 when you are done with quest as reward gives you better prices selling/buying. Keep also random jewels to easily socket Balanced Knifes if she is selling them without it. Easy spot for obtaining runes is Kurast 3000 BA on any difficulty, you can even selling Perfect Gems from there with Balanced Knifes if you arent patient.

People mentioned you that specific mobs also got fat gold drop, Cave Snappers in A1 and Grubbers in A2. Torajan Jungle and Greater Signet of Gold drop.

So before criminating some game mechanics next time, better try asking yourself that maybe you missed something or didnt learned earlier.

DreamTeam wrote:I try to drop all my gold on the ground and when I die I lose nothing. But two nights ago I forgot I had a few 900,000 gold piles on the floor. I was in a bit of a rush to sign out, and that was 1.8 million lost. I almost wanted to cry at first but then I realized Median XL is meant to be an unforgiving challenge filled with many deaths.

Oh well, easy come and easy go they say. When I find a lot of good sacred items in destruction I can make that gold back rather quickly but it's definitely an annoying hindrance for beginner players. You have to strategize and prioritize in advance when starting new characters, unless you're an experienced and rich veteran player with plenty of assets to go around.

You still suffering from that gold? I told you few times already how to fix that gold problems.

You can try using that Post-It stickers on top of your desk so you will not loose some infos if median sea is sometimes overwhelming.

Its nothing wrong with using that kind of notes, i always did it at work or when was studying something to keep on track with burning issues or to-do priorities.

Balanced Knife from Malah socketed with rune up from Ist, sold in A5 will give you 50k+ gold

Magic.