Why do we still have gold penalty on death.

Discuss Median XL!
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1938 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
that's exactly the issue, if you have 1000 gold in your stash you lose only a fraction of that, but even if you have A SHITTON of gold it only takes a few deaths to cut it down to a pitiful sum. this means hoarding gold is useless, and comes back to the problem the OP mentions, i.e. having to interrupt whatever you are doing to scavenge gold which breaks the flow of the game.

dying is an integral part of the MXL experience so you don't want to make it too annoying
User avatar
Unda
Daystar
688 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Aquiring of one rune from K3K and one balanced knife from Malah to be able resurrect merc or buy few potions breaks the flow of the game so much and is annoying for you? Imo its minimum effort for what you get in return.
User avatar
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2052 | 234
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Image
User avatar
Unda
Daystar
688 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:Image


Dont open bottle yet my friend, im done with that topic as people clearly want median to be 3 clicks from the boss without effort of aquiring gold if they fail to survive on way, like auto gold pick up and map reveal so far wasnt enough of time saver.
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1938 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
it's annoying because it takes no effort, it's just a waste of time and yes, it breaks the flow

just let me farm some iotss to hoard gold and take it away from me gradually as I keep dying, penalty is still there but now it actually makes sense

and lose the condescending tone, it does nothing to further your discourse and just makes you sound like some elitist gitgudder :roll:
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1766 | 110
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unda wrote:[...]map reveal so far wasnt enough of time saver.


Image


But seriously. Map reveal was only implemented to give every player (especially the new ones) the same conditions. Maphack still works and is faster than the ingame map reveal. You can watch any median stream to see what I'm talking about.

And concerning Gold pick up: Srsly.. This is just a quality of life change. Every new game nowadays has this kind of thing. Why shouldn't MXL get it as well? Picking up gold isn't satisfying in the slightest, especially in Iotss, where you can easily break you lmb thanks to constantly clicking on the gold to pick it up.
User avatar
Unda
Daystar
688 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Gekko64 wrote:it's annoying because it takes no effort, it's just a waste of time and yes, it breaks the flow

just let me farm some iotss to hoard gold and take it away from me gradually as I keep dying, penalty is still there but now it actually makes sense

and lose the condescending tone, it does nothing to further your discourse and just makes you sound like some elitist gitgudder :roll:


Dont be so touchy and apply this to all topics where you discover such tone just for get rid of inconsistency here, elitist git gudder because of that i dont see current gold penalty as any inconvenience?

HechtHeftig wrote:But seriously. Map reveal was only implemented to give every player (especially the new ones) the same conditions. Maphack still works and is faster than the ingame map reveal. You can watch any median stream to see what I'm talking about.

And concerning Gold pick up: Srsly.. This is just a quality of life change. Every new game nowadays has this kind of thing. Why shouldn't MXL get it as well? Picking up gold isn't satisfying in the slightest, especially in Iotss, where you can easily break you lmb thanks to constantly clicking on the gold to pick it up.


Was referring only to time saved when mentioned map reveal and auto gold picks, because argument here that aquiring gold takes that much time it breaks the flow of the game. So i dont get it why you try arguing with me defending those QoL changes when i didnt said anything against it.
User avatar
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2052 | 234
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Just make mercs immortal. Best suggestion, right ? I mean the learning curve with autobody recovery already went down so fast ... Now remove gold/xp penalty for dying and topics like "tp scrolls are too expensive please fix" will show up.
Ronthar
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:Just make mercs immortal. Best suggestion, right ? I mean the learning curve with autobody recovery already went down so fast ... Now remove gold/xp penalty for dying and topics like "tp scrolls are too expensive please fix" will show up.


First thing I thought was how much lolz it would be to see people hanging back as their mercs solo all ubers....
User avatar
superwash
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gekko64 wrote:that's exactly the issue, if you have 1000 gold in your stash you lose only a fraction of that, but even if you have A SHITTON of gold it only takes a few deaths to cut it down to a pitiful sum. this means hoarding gold is useless, and comes back to the problem the OP mentions, i.e. having to interrupt whatever you are doing to scavenge gold which breaks the flow of the game.

dying is an integral part of the MXL experience so you don't want to make it too annoying



Dying is indeed a core part of this. It cannot be helped unless we redo everything and start over. We have major limits and its insane to see what the devs have accomplished over the past decade. I would be happy and content with the penalty on banked gold being removed. That way i can actually save up gold for once instead of losing it everytime i do an uber im trying to push.

Unda im not going to ask you to leave because this is a public place, but please could you stop derailing my thread. I am trying to have a legitimate discussion and all you are doing is shitting all over the rest of the community and clogging my post.