Improve this AHK

Discuss Median XL!
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4
Edit: Version 1.2 is done. Added 'up' mode for one hotkey chaos/baal games.

Hello all,

Here's a script I wrote to send messages + load games with potentially one button (or w/e you define):
The point of posting this is more or less about learning; you may already have better utilities for this stuff.
For those of you seeing AHK for the first time, this pretty much beginner level stuff, save for a few subroutines I stole.

That said, I'm definitely in the elementary stages of AutoHotKey.
I think that a better output type (.json) and arrays are probably the low hanging fruit.
Curious as to your thoughts on how to improve.

The Full AHK:
► Show Spoiler

Edited by MedianUV 10 months.
Willshaper
Djinn
503 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
This looks real nice so far, definitely something I could use.

How about adding a checkbox to auto-update the "up" button every time you use the create game hotkey?

That way you only ever have to click "PgDn" when creating games. No need to switch to the AHk script to press up.

-------------------------

You can also add a feature to have a static password. This would be useful if you run private games but want to allow friends to join without having to ask password every time.
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4
ShadowDawn wrote:This looks real nice so far, definitely something I could use.
How about adding a checkbox to auto-update the "up" button every time you use the create game hotkey?
That way you only ever have to click "PgDn" when creating games. No need to switch to the AHk script to press up.
You can also add a feature to have a static password. This would be useful if you run private games but want to allow friends to join without having to ask password every time.

~~~~
These are two good suggestions.
I didn't want to make the window too large...
Perhaps tabbing might be in order.

I'll give it a whack
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4

~~~~

Features were added.
Static password replaced "Private" button. If it's blank, no password. Better than a button.
1 button-press bossing games is something I should have done originally.

Thanks for the idea.
Willshaper
Djinn
503 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
MedianUV wrote:

~~~~

Features were added.
Static password replaced "Private" button. If it's blank, no password. Better than a button.

Thanks for the idea.

The auto up works flawlessly from my testing, thanks!

The password feature doesn't seem to work for me though, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/S2PCBy7.jpg
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4
ShadowDawn wrote:
MedianUV wrote:

~~~~

Features were added.

Thanks for the idea.

The password feature doesn't seem to work for me though, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/S2PCBy7.jpg

~~~~
The 'up' feature was intended to disable the password.
My thought was that in a bossing game (when you add #s), you won't need a password.
Willshaper
Djinn
503 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
MedianUV wrote:
ShadowDawn wrote:
MedianUV wrote:

~~~~

Features were added.

Thanks for the idea.

~~~~
My thought was that in a bossing game (when you add #s), you won't need a password.

Ah.

I think it would be best if you could decide whether it has password or not when using up mode.

I might not want other people to be able to join my private Nihlathak/Cow for friends runs :D
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4
ShadowDawn wrote:
MedianUV wrote:
ShadowDawn wrote:
MedianUV wrote:

~~~~

Features were added.

Thanks for the idea.

~~~~

Ah.

I think it would be best if you could decide whether it has password or not when using up mode.

I might not want other people to be able to join my private Nihlathak/Cow for friends runs :D

~~~~
Easy fix. Just a few if statements.
Willshaper
Djinn
503 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
MedianUV wrote:.

I'm currently editing the UI text a bit more to my liking.

Wanted to know if you know how to make the "up" button say "+1" instead.

I get an "illegal character" error of some kind when i edit it to say that :D

https://i.imgur.com/xeYCDjy.png

(I'm almost a complete noob at AHK and coding in general, can almost only edit basic shit lol)
MedianUV
Jungle Hunter
29 | 4
That was my original idea.
Stopped dead in my tracks when it gave me that erro