Median XL doesn't load properly

Discuss Median XL!
certis
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello everyone,
I'm very confused as to how to get the mod working. I began by installing a fresh installation of Diablo II and LOD from the battlenet site. So it's version 1.14 or whatever.

Then I tried to "just copy the files" as it literally says to do so in the readme of median xl 1.2.0. The game starts, I create a character, error 2233 (not 2239) and yea, that was that.

So I tried the D2SE thing - turns out all the "readmes" or manuals for that are 2 years old and barely functioning (if functioning at all), obviously there's no luck in even starting median xl with that either.

So my next step was to take the 1.13 files that d2se provided, copied them into the main folder of Diablo II in order to "downgrade" it or whatever, then apply the median stuff and - guess what: NOT working

So I install the median xl launcher and to my surprise the game actually starts, I create a character and ... yea, the new skills are there and stuff... but Akara has her garbage inventory, no orbs, no nothing. So I walk up to charsie for these disenchant items and whatnot and - go figure - she has her average garbage diablo 2 itemset, none of the new stuff.

Whereever I look in the forums I either see people that are "not having an issue at all" or "just have issues over issues", and I'm apparently of the latter.
So can someone please provide a -working- solution? What am I doing wrong, and why did no one of the 1.2.0-release team manage to write 4 lines like "do this, that and that". Why does the website refer to 2 year old threads that don't work?
Rishab
Astral Guardian
1970 | 140
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
certis wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm very confused as to how to get the mod working. I began by installing a fresh installation of Diablo II and LOD from the battlenet site. So it's version 1.14 or whatever.

Then I tried to "just copy the files" as it literally says to do so in the readme of median xl 1.2.0. The game starts, I create a character, error 2233 (not 2239) and yea, that was that.

So I tried the D2SE thing - turns out all the "readmes" or manuals for that are 2 years old and barely functioning (if functioning at all), obviously there's no luck in even starting median xl with that either.

So my next step was to take the 1.13 files that d2se provided, copied them into the main folder of Diablo II in order to "downgrade" it or whatever, then apply the median stuff and - guess what: NOT working

So I install the median xl launcher and to my surprise the game actually starts, I create a character and ... yea, the new skills are there and stuff... but Akara has her garbage inventory, no orbs, no nothing. So I walk up to charsie for these disenchant items and whatnot and - go figure - she has her average garbage diablo 2 itemset, none of the new stuff.

Whereever I look in the forums I either see people that are "not having an issue at all" or "just have issues over issues", and I'm apparently of the latter.
So can someone please provide a -working- solution? What am I doing wrong, and why did no one of the 1.2.0-release team manage to write 4 lines like "do this, that and that". Why does the website refer to 2 year old threads that don't work?

The orbs and oils r sold by gheed in act1 now.

If you were able to make game and play with a char while using launcher then that means u were on latest median patch since launcher automatically download the latest patch for u.
New Bestiary(M17 1.1.3)| Useful BBcodes| Discord Chat | Community Project: Median Wiki
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi