S16 - HC PVP MELEE Ironman - Week 5 (New FREE Entry system)

Discuss Median XL!
Realm Event
Rust Claw
85 | 49
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Special Badge
Unique.
:twisted: Median XL Hardcore PvP Tournament!

Time / Date: 6:00AM GMT. 10th February, 2018.
Signups closing at 5:00AM GMT 10th February, 2018.
-
Time / Date: 6:00PM GMT. 10th February, 2018.
Signups closing at 5:00PM GMT 10th February, 2018.

*Do mention which time you are registering for (Red or Green or Both).
*You can register yourself for both events by paying for both.
*Mention in your post here that you registered for both events.

Index:
1.Entrance Fee and Prizes  4.General Rules     7.PvP Rules

2.How to Participate 5.Leveling Rules 8.Banned Skills

3.What is Ironman 6.Mystic Orb Shop 9.Previous Winners

This Tournament: Ironman Free For All.

There are four different entrance fees that determine the amount of tg reward that you can win.
1. Free = 10tg.
2. 5tg = 50% of prize pool
3. 10tg = 65% of prize pool
4. 15tg = 80% of prize pool

Winner can additionally ask for any 1 charm from in game which will be given to you unidentified.
(NOTE: Free Participants may not ask for Nephalem's Sacrifice, Atanna Khan or The Void charms).

The host will create a private channel in the TSW lobby that contestants will join, tags will be given out in that channel.

To qualify/enter:
1.) Write your in-game TSW account below, your entrance fee and the preferred region/gs of yours!
Example: *RandomOnions / 5tg / EU
2.) Send your entrance fee to Realm Event.

What is IronMan?
Ironman is an arena-type PvP event played on Hardcore. Everyone makes a new character and collects gear while leveling to 18. Then you must fight each other until the last man standing!

General Rules:
Your new character will be name tagged (given by host prior to character creation).
Example: pvp-onions, pvp-marco, pvp-quirinus.
The host's character will be named IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII to make him easy to find on minimap and avoid any confusion.
You cannot join any games with this character before the game is made by host.

Leveling Phase Rules:
Going to Gheed is forbidden under all circumstances. No Map Reveal, no gambling, no oils. Only the host/moderators is allowed to be near Gheed.
More details below.
>You must leave town as soon as you enter the game.
>You must party with everyone.
>You may start as soon as you join the specified game or wait for your "team".
>You cannot pick up class-specific items that aren't for your character.
>You must come back to town as soon as you are level 18.
>When you are back in town, you must stay in town until everyone else is level 18.
>When you're level 18, you may shop from Charsi or Akara for base items, but NO gambling (i.e. Gheed is illegal. Filthy peasant.)
>You may trade with other contestants at any time after the leveling phase.
>You MUST get the Stony Field waypoint.
>Going to town before level 18 without permission of the host/moderators is strictly forbidden.

ImageNew Mystic Orb shop!Image
During the 5 minutes of shopping time, you may purchase Mystc Orbs with a discount by:
>Telling the Host what Mystic Orbs you want.
>Giving 7500 gold to the host per Mystic Orb you requested.
>Finally, trade with Host and receive your Mystic Orbs.

The moderator hosting the event will be tagging along during the leveling and will be the only one using mapreveal, follow this person! Once the Dark Wood is reached, the moderator picks up the scroll, goes and opens up tristram, while the rest of the gang takes the Dark Wood WP to Stony Field and farms out Tristram (highly recommended for bases and xp). The giftbox will be picked up by the moderator while the leveling continues.

PvP Phase:
>You must have every opponent hostiled except the moderator who will be watching during the duels.
>Contestants must be ~1.5 screens away before the match starts.
>The match begins when all contestants confirm they are ready. The moderator will declare the start.
>No projectiles can be pre-cast before the match. (This includes Totems)
>Once the duels begin, respec is illegal.
>No overly defensive play. (Avoiding players, such as keeping yourself more than a screen away from any other player and not dealing any damage or attempting to)
>You cannot leave the Blood Moor until the match is over.
>Only Mana Potions are allowed.
>No poison with more than 1 second duration
>You cannot use any healing (life replenish, life on attack, healing potions, etc; LAEK and LL are allowed), wells, or shrines. (Players are responsible for calling out competitors if they see instant life heals, etc.)
>No teaming, if a team is detected during pvp phase it will result in the team being disqualified.

After the winner is declared the host of the event will doublecheck for life replenish. This will be done by the player standing outside of town after losing some life while the life is observed.

The following skills/items have been tested and updated for this event and are therefore allowed during PvP.
    General: All Passives and non damaging self buffs are allowed unless stated otherwise. No sources of replenish life, or items / spells with more than 1 second of poison duration.
    Assassin: Crucify, Batstrike (No summoning of familiars allowed), Twin Fang Strike, Backstab, Shadow Refuge, Barrier Strike, Blink.
    Amazon: Takedown,, Great Hunt, Thundercrack.
    Barbarian: Earthquake, Iron Spiral, Stormblast, Blood Hatred, Deathgaze, Icerbust, Thunderslam, all Stances except Eagle Stance and only 1 point in Snake Stance is allowed.
    Druid: Treewarden Form, Thornstrike, Wildfire, Werewolf Form, Mana Pulse, Harbinger.
    Paladin: Divine Judgement, Vessel of Retribution, Solar Flare, Terror Strike, Lemures, Blood Thorns, only 1 base point allowed in Plague.
    Necromancer: Death's Fury Totem, Howling Totem, Sacrifices (only if user has no sources of LAEK), Carnage, Parasite, Angel of Death.
    Sorceress: Moonstrike, Wraithsword, Fusillade, No points allowed in Living Flame.

Previous winners!

Ironman event week 4:
Hans2 won RED event and received 54TG + Unidentified
The Glorious Book of Median
Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+1 to All Skills
Adds 10-15 Damage
+(24 to 45)% Damage to Demons
Elemental Resists +(5 to 15)%
charm!

Seekers won GREEN event and received 62TG + Unidentified
Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+1 to All Skills
Adds 10-15 Damage
+(24 to 45)% Damage to Demons
Elemental Resists +(5 to 15)%
charm!

► Full Event 4 results

GREEN event VOD:

-Streamed by Mahitovec, as host.

Older events:
Week 1
► Show Spoiler

Week 2
► Show Spoiler

Week 3
► Show Spoiler

If you have any questions, post them here or in the MXL Discord Channel where you can PM one of the Moderators.

Now stay together and watch out for Cogs
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Fumbles/15tg/USA
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Seekers/15tg/Green n Red
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I want to reel in 4 players with 15 tg each.
Couple of rules to meet the quota:
- You must be an active member of the community. Having over 100 posts and being registered for more than 6 months on the forums,
- You currently have less than 15 tg on your account ( hence cant afford it yourself),
- You dont have negative cookie amount;

Send me a PM on the forums if you want to participate. Will consider also contenders who can't meet 100% of the quota, if there are not enough candidates who can. Cheers.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
2 more days guys! Free entries are given out so join in :yay:
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bump
Realm Event
Rust Claw
85 | 49
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Special Badge
Unique.
Sadly, this event is cancelled. We have been seeing a decline in player participation, despite having multiple people pay for free entries and offering a free entry option (which is what most people gave as reasons they haven't been joining, so it's a little confusing to Event Staff :confused: )

With all of that said, we will continue to work towards more incorporative events to make them more appealing to all of the playerbase. Understandably, we have seen a decline in the ladder players as the season goes on, but we will continue to try to form events for all of the people who have spare time and want to keep playing, and will also be using these events as tests, of sorts, to help set up events in the beginnings of future ladder season when many more players are active.

Stay tuned for more updates!
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I think that this idea is super cool, but I could see why a lot of people might be discouraged from joining... I think that many players feel they cannot win as they think they are playing against "the best", and they may not have as much knowledge about the available skills. Although I believe it's possible to beat the legendary Seekers/Hans2, even I think that I would need to test and play around with some of the skills before feeling confident enough to join, and that takes some time (which many might not have). My reason for not joining was simply my job was at the same time, but even if I could, I might be a little hesitant without having a plan set beforehand. That's just my thoughts, but I could be totally off... Regardless though, hosting this opportunity was very generous of you, and I look forward to anything new in the future! Thank you! :thumb:
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Legendary Seekers. :lol: Gz Seekers on becoming a legend. :clap: :cheers: