a returning player

Discuss Median XL!
hjigelac
Invader
9 | 0
i havent played in ages im wondering what are good builds/classes now are necros still god tier and sorcerers for solo endgame content if so which build/stats should i go and im assuming this mod changes everything and shouldnt use any other modss ?
Dreamhunter
Monkey King
272 | 9
You should try and see it. Read patch notes and documentation first, then you have bunch of character guides and you are good to go (:
OnlyForFun
Gravedigger
186 | 13
Right now in my opinion god tier barbarian.
Glamdring26
Cog
222 | -1
You can use plugy with d2se if you play on sp. It makes your stash bigger(infinite) and also makes your stash sharable and you can adjust your stats anytime anywhere.

If you are on realm, just median.

Barb: Iron spiral barb is good. The build that OnlyForFun posted is also good.
Assassin: I know nagisin sucks but idk about caster and ranged.
Amzozon: Pouncezon is viable and i heard bowazon is pretty good too. idk about bloodzon.
Necromancer: Melee is pretty bad. Summoner and totem is good.
Druid: Wolf druid is pretty bad without expensive gear, treewarden is decent idk about trap rat.
Sorceress: Melee sorc is pretty good for ubers but not much for farming. idk about caster sorcs.
Paladin: Holy melee, unholy caster, holy caster is viable idk any other build from theese 3.

I dont know much about median but this is the situation according to my experience and from what i heard.
hjigelac
Invader
9 | 0
asa
Edited by hjigelac 10 months.
hjigelac
Invader
9 | 0
Glamdring26 wrote:You can use plugy with d2se if you play on sp. It makes your stash bigger(infinite) and also makes your stash sharable and you can adjust your stats anytime anywhere.

Amzozon: Pouncezon is viable and i heard bowazon is pretty good too. idk about bloodzon.
Druid: Wolf druid is pretty bad without expensive gear, treewarden is decent idk about trap rat.
Sorceress: Melee sorc is pretty good for ubers but not much for farming. idk about caster sorcs.
Paladin: Holy melee, unholy caster, holy caster is viable idk any other build from theese 3.

I dont know much about median but this is the situation according to my experience and from what i heard.

now this is the kind of post im talking about thanks whats d2se is that the d2stats tghing u download and how i get infinite strash space and what u mean realm just median so median realm when i install and everything and when did the ladder start and when will it be reset and when it resets do we lose all characters items and everything every ladder and if i go summoner necro is it god tier or just ok and do we go secondary teeth or totems or w/e with summoner or its pure 100% summoner thanks for info

and what u mean if i play on sp
Ekital
Imp
4 | 0
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Glamdring26 wrote:Barb: Iron spiral barb is good. The build that OnlyForFun posted is also good.

Starter Builds:
Barb: Iron Spiral/Aerial's Guide
Assassin: Shurikensin or Sentry sin;Stay away from melee sin [Not viable without crafted gear+sacred uniques]
Amazon: Pouncezon, Bowazon or Stormzon [Bloodzon is a bit tough as a first timer]
Necromancer: Both Melee and Summoner are viable as starter.
Druid: Treewarden/Traprat are both easy starter builds.
Sorceress:All builds viable as starters.
Paladin: Stay away from Unholy melee as starter. Rest is all viable.
hjigelac
Invader
9 | 0
ok i made a necro where should i put my skill points as starting and stats what stats do i aim for on a necro?
Necroglycerin
Azure Drake
178 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not sure how up to date the guide is but when I started after a break of a couple years I used this guide https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5045 and had a very easy experience getting back in the game
Glamdring26
Cog
222 | -1
hjigelac wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:You can use plugy with d2se if you play on sp. It makes your stash bigger(infinite) and also makes your stash sharable and you can adjust your stats anytime anywhere.

now this is the kind of post im talking about thanks whats d2se is that the d2stats tghing u download and how i get infinite strash space and what u mean realm just median so median realm when i install and everything and when did the ladder start and when will it be reset and when it resets do we lose all characters items and everything every ladder and if i go summoner necro is it god tier or just ok and do we go secondary teeth or totems or w/e with summoner or its pure 100% summoner thanks for info

and what u mean if i play on sp

Sorry for the late response.

d2se is a application that gives you the freedom of switching between vanilla d2 and median mod, switching between versions, easily configuring if you are gonna play it with fullscreen or not and things like that.

d2stats is also an application that shows you more detailed stats than you see in game so that you can check them. It also has a drop notifier which gives you notifications if some mobs drops sacred unique for example.

by using d2se and choosing "use plugy" option of it you can use infinite stash space but THIS ONLY WORKS IN SINGLE PLAYER. In realm you cannot use plugy or multires(resolution mod). Therefore if you are planning to play it on realm do not even think about that part.

By realm i mean playing median online. Like connecting "Sin War" via id and password and creating a server etc.

I believe last ladder reset was 3? months ago.(It was with the arrival of 1.2 patch) I dont believe anyone know when next reset will be but if there is gonna be one, they always put a timer on the forum much earlier than the reset so that people can play accordingly.

When ladder reset comes all your realm characters turns into single player characters. So you can still continue to play them in sp but you cannot use them in realm anymore. So if you are playing on realm it means that every ladder reset you will lose everything you have. But don't worry resets doesn't happen that commonly.

I never played any other build of necro other then melee. So idk anything about how strong is summoner necro right now. But i do know its a strong enough build to consider as viable. I believe its not that strong in ubers but it has good farming speed.

As i said idk about summoner necro you should follow one of the guides from the forum.