Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChuckNoRis wrote: why would you not want it to deal more damage ?

You know what else deals more damage? Using
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 36
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
to boost all those procs instead of
Werecat
Werecat
Breast Plate (4)

Defense: (203 - 224) to (379 - 422)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 30
Item Level: 10
5% Chance to cast level 1 Claw Tornado on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
4% Life stolen per Hit
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) Defense
+(11 to 20) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (622 - 681) to (1100 - 1207)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 36
6% Chance to cast level 7 Claw Tornado on Melee Attack
30% Attack Speed
6% Life stolen per Hit
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(81 to 100) Defense
+(21 to 30) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1471 - 1589) to (2563 - 2777)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
7% Chance to cast level 13 Claw Tornado on Melee Attack
45% Attack Speed
8% Life stolen per Hit
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
+(131 to 150) Defense
+(31 to 40) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2168 - 2330) to (3757 - 4046)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 420
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 16 Claw Tornado on Melee Attack
60% Attack Speed
10% Life stolen per Hit
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
+(181 to 200) Defense
+(41 to 50) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 6%
Socketed (6)
. If you really prioritize damage here you wouldn't take the garbage hipster armor.

In mid-game, 23 pts in WIldfire and 7 in Mythal. Thats nearly 1/4 of the skillplan for immunes. Phys immunity is probably the least common in the game, this is a phys build and its using Force of Nature.

Mythal should be fine as a 1 point skill but it became a point dump and is also the worst synergy for symbiosis (for this build). Btw, why even put points into symbiosis if you aren't taking advantage of it? 1% avoid and full regen in 2.5 minutes is hardly worth 4 points. I know that the uber isn't that great in its current state but avoid is very useful when acquiring mid-game charms.

One point in Circle of Life. With decent kill speed its an excellent form of defense but it needs more than one point. This is easily one of the best passives in the game and its being ignored.

Jav nova armor is a waste of a gear slot. 5% on melee isn't a good enough reason to give up Erawan or some other easily obtained mid-game items. At least mention rolling +2 skills, flat life or something useful.

To add to above, +skills are pretty useful for treewardens (defense) but the gear choices fail to make that known. Up to 4 on amulet, 2 from rings and 2 on body armor. Thats +8 alone. Probably worth mentioning that axes can roll + 5 druid, since the only other option for mid-game is a set item.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I think I got K3K farming with Ravage figured out. Just takes a bit of planning, good timing with Idol, and strategic use of Acid Fiends. Some maps are easier than others, but generally, I've been able to clear the whole map fairly consistently w/o dying. It's the small victories, y'know? :)
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
You’re ahead of me in that regard, I think my best result so far is three deaths. I’m not too good at precise movement so I’ll eventually slip up while trying to get to the totems.
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
I’m officially stopping on this challenge. My character is TheSeer, and I made it to 120, act 2 Destruction.

I really enjoyed this challenge, and as someone pretty new to Median I feel I learned a lot from this guide and challenge.

I feel like this character build is effective, but requires more micro skill than I have, especially considering I’m playing with a Steam Controller. I am not sure what could be done to improve it, as my knowledge of Median is lacking; I would have liked a tankier character but that’s just personal preference.

While I’m sure I could make more progress on the character, I’m honestly sucked into PoE at the moment pretty fierce, and I feel it’s better to write this all up instead of pretending like I’ll be coming back to this character.

Thank you to everybody involved with this challenge, it was a great experience! I learned a lot from all of you, and appreciate how welcoming everyone is. I’m looking forward to any similar challenges happening next season; barring that I’ll definitely be jumping in the next season with my own probably terrible build.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Build #32 - The Sloth (Mid Game)
Play Session #12
Level 120
970 Deaths
47.75 Hours Total

Tonight marks the official transfer from Early-Game to Mid-Game. After gathering a small collection of Shrines, most of the required crafted gear is completed. The only item left in Mid-Game is the weapon which requires farming 6xMagic Runes. Ring of Light damage upgrade enabled me to kill Azmodan, Rodeo, and DBaal. Next up is more suicide missions for Sunstone of the Gods. Damage is good at 175%/95% fire dmg/pierce. No defense and low health pool prevent surviving any large damage bursts, so I can't see Teganze going very well.

It's been interesting so far; been relying on mobility strategies to make up for survivability when possible. Doubt I'll finish the Mid-Game weapon in time, but that's what I'm aiming for.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ryunp wrote:....
970 Deaths
Next up is more suicide missions ...No defense and low health pool prevent surviving ...
something seams wrong . are you letting the summons tank for you ? are you using demiurge every time the timer goes off ? the health pool gets a serious boost every few seconds along extra reanimates as meatshield...
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
ChuckNoRis wrote:
ryunp wrote:....
970 Deaths
Next up is more suicide missions ...No defense and low health pool prevent surviving ...
something seams wrong . are you letting the summons tank for you ? are you using demiurge every time the timer goes off ? the health pool gets a serious boost every few seconds along extra reanimates as meatshield...

My stats
Res: 520/370/300/200 and maxed at 90%
DR: 35% (30% from Blessed Life, 5% from CC)
Flat DR: 163
Avoid/Dodge/Evade: 0%
Defense: 14700
Health: 5700, 11000 with DM
Stat Sigs: 72
Skill Sigs: 0

Fasc/Mag Crafts: Heraldic Shield, Boots, Sash, Leather Gloves, Quilted Armor, Cap (still looking for Hundsgugel for low str req)

Ring of Light: 7700-23000
Vessel of Justice: 4000-4900
Just noticed VoJ reads "V.O. Judgement" in character panel, heh

Demiurge is a 15s cooldown with a 7.8s cooldown, which does greatly improve survivability. The issue is with any substantial burst damage when on cooldown, seven seconds is plenty of time for death. Minions are decent tanks, which does help divert enemy attention, but dangerous situations generally have some sort of ranged attacks, extra mobility mechanic, or insta-gib ability that nullifies minions effectiveness.

My confusion is with the instructions given: walk trough crowds and [watch stuff die/casting Ring Of Light]. Early game this tactic was impossible. Far more promising after gathering some DR (from Reward Skill), better damage, and expanding gameplay strats. Currently, in mid-game, success has come from a mixture of strategies depending on the situation.

Weak/Normal Monsters
Most any regular zone. Generally, this is not an issue; walking through works fine since they are not a threat. I can stroll through fairly dense regular zones like Destruction A2 Sewers, or A5 zones without much worry.

Dangerous Monsters
Pretty much any uber level. Depending on the enemy attack type, these strats have proven successful, regardless of death rate:
1. Exploit paladin teleport (Divine Apparition) to jump in front of enemy groups and immediately retreat, applying short bursts of damage and reducing exposure to enemy damage. (This disables Demiurge usage!)
2. Sit behind minions and try to chip at enemy front lines with merc.
3. YOLO rush with RoL spam.

Teganze will be an interesting test, it will be extremely slow using tactic #2, but I can't see surviving the damage intake of #1/3; shall see. If that doesn't work out it's back to gathering more signets and shrines for better rolls.

It's definitely been an educational experience so far. Extreme limitations require extreme creativity; not sure if this disqualifies me from the contest since I am not following the guide's instructions 100%, gameplay wise. A necessary evil due to the lack of survivability from the Early-Game gear specs.
Edited by ryunp 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ryunp wrote:Ring of Light:...
Vessel of Justice: ...
what about Pestilence ? did you get a spear with it ? it's one of the mandatory skills

sadly this is one of the builds ranked low in therms of gearing, which means that it requires some specific gear in order to work as intended and the rules of this challenge are not making that an easy task .