85 | 49
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Special Badge
Unique.
The ChuckNoris Challenge

Hello everyone! Welcome to the latest version of S16's Realm Events -- the ChuckNoris Challenge!

In this event, you will be required to follow a ChuckNoris build from his SP Miniguides Compilation. Chuck has kindly agreed to this event, and is looking forward to how it turns out. The selection process will be such:

Sign up by posting in this thread with your name or TSW name. An emulator for a 50-sided dice (50 builds in the compilation) https://www.random.org/ will be used to randomly select 3 builds. Of those 3 builds, you are allowed to choose your desired playthrough. This Google Sheet will be showing the participants, the rolls, and their selected builds.

*Note* If a build appears that is not yet updated by Chuck's standards, it will be scrapped and rerolled for. Duplicates will also receive a reroll. If the number of participants is above 25, builds and duplicate builds will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. If someone has the same number as you, but selects it first, you'll have to resort to your other two options. In the slim event that all 3 are taken, you will be given a 4th reroll and required to play that one.

If you can stream the playthrough, please do. It will be interesting to see all types of players following the guides and giving real-time feedback and how they approach the builds. You can also post here to say if you'll stream or be willing to set up your first streams to do this event.

Rules

Must be played on TSW.

Cannot twink any items, crystals, charms, or sigs. All must be self-found.
You are allowed to trade amongst other participants.
These trades must be item-for-item (sigs, items, whatever). TG transactions will not be permitted.

Must be played solo (either in in password protected game or set max players=1), as such is the concept of the SP Compilation.
You are allowed to farm together in late stages of the game (courtesy of SP p8 farming), but must farm separate areas and cannot use these moments to complete uber charms.

Must follow exactly as the build says for itemization, sockets, skill/stat spec, and playstyle.

Must be a fresh, new character, with a name CNC-Build name, the CNC is a tag to distinguish between chars for event and regular chars, build name is to make it easy for streamers and other to know what you are playing right now. You are free to use any extra leftover name space. Also tag the mule you put items on with CNC-

Refrain from 'bullying' on Chuck's guides. He's written a lot of them and kept them updated for many years now.
Constructive criticism and feedback is fine, but bashing will not be tolerable.

As far as mercs are allowed, I will add this to the post as well. Chuck does mention in the beginning of his guide to get a merc opposite of your char (ranged char should get melee merc, etc), but doesn't list any gear for the merc. So you can get a merc and use it as long it is not the one who is carrying you and doing all the work.

For in-between gear, the idea is to stick to what the miniguide says. This doesn't mean you need to farm Andariel for all of your TU's at lvl 20, but the progression should be as follows:

Try to have at least all of your TUs and RW's by Level Challenge 1 (don't need to all be uptiered, but at least have them).
Mid-game gear listings should be acquired (some optimistically depending on trading/rng) by the time you have about 5-10 charms and/or begin your farming stage.
End-game gear should be acquired when you have nearly all charms done or all done and sigged and farming is extensively over (i.e. try to have end game gear by the time of ladder reset for the big pvp event -- exceptions include xis rw's because they can be draining to farm, but try to get those as well as possible).

Don't use any uniques/sets/runewords/crafts that aren't listed as per his standards for this challenge., because... it is a challenge afterall. You can use some rares or magics as you pick them up to see if they have your proper oskills and such, but don't create your own gear sets just to make the build work.

Do your best to finish the characters. Suchbalance said it might be nice to have a big pvp event and create some type of boss/aoe farming showcase with the characters, almost like the 2017 trailer, but more endgame.

If you want to participate and revitalize the ladder season, comment here with your TSW/Forum/Discord account names or PM on Discord to LH. Once participants register, they will be added to a Google Sheet that shows all participants and their selections. Once you see your possible rolls, send another PM to LH with your selection.

There will also be a private Discord Channel in the MXL Channel for those who are participating to chat and discuss how they're doing.

Edited by aahz 6 years. Reason: updated rules from post on page 11
Thraxis
Thunder Beetle
55 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
In for this. As well as streaming the majority of it. Will edit with stream link and stuff later.

TSW *Thraxis
Discord Thraxis#3621
< Forum name.
Edited by Thraxis 6 years.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
This is such a meme. These builds are designed to be played twinked. How far are we going to go to make fun of Chuck?
edit : i was going to delete this, as it doesnt add anything constructive, so let me be constructive instead of sarcastic. I played SP alot longer than MP, and I followed chucks guides. These guides are meant to be played twinked, and as is well known, chuck does this as well. The point of these guides is to absolutely maximize the possibilities of each individual class. They are not ideal builds. Except for very exceptional dedicated Median players, most will throw up their hands in frustration attempting to follow these builds to the letter. I get that the point of this is to try and revive long dead ladder that is only 2.5 months old, but the overwhelming likelyhood is that it will just end with abuse heaped on chuck for builds that are meant to be played twinked. Just my two cents.)
Edited by notforkeeps 6 years.
Realm Event
Rust Claw
85 | 49
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Special Badge
Unique.
notforkeeps wrote:This is such a meme. These builds are designed to be played twinked. How far are we going to go to make fun of Chuck?

Refrain from 'bullying' on Chuck's guides. He's written a lot of them and kept them updated for many years now.
Constructive criticism and feedback is fine, but bashing will not be tolerable.

Chuck has agreed to this event through PM.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
TSW *ScarletEdge / Forum ScarletEdge / Discord ScarletEdge#5856

This is a challenge event made with Chuck's consent, I don't see what's wrong. This is just for some late ladder fun
Edited by ScarletEdge 6 years.
TimeGuardian
Cultist
24 | 5
I am in for it
TSW TimeGuardian
Discord Aho#9781 (Beach)
Edited by TimeGuardian 6 years.
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TSW: *HohoHaha1817
Discord: HohoHaha#3696
< Forum acc.
Might be able to stream depending on my schedules.
Pubestache
Skeleton
3 | 0
TSW : *Siontheman
Discord : Sion#2725
<forum acc
Can 100% stream aslong as GMT friendly.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages