Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So are you saying that if he had the missing items (listed in mid-game) he would be able to continue?
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
An update on #10, The Seer.

I just completed level challenge 2! First time I’ve made it anywhere near this far in Median. I’ve got one mid game piece of gear, my new on switch weapon, and I got lucky and had the level 100 rune for my next main weapon drop, so once I hit level 100 I’m set there. My honorifics are all crafted as far as they can go, and my jewelery is... well, not great, but better than it had been. I got a nice run/walk jewel with -requirements on it so that’s in my dirk at the moment.

I’m continuing to enjoy the build, and just had a hilarious battle in Great Marsh between hemoplagues and my quickly expanding army of reanimates. I must’ve had 50+ of the things running around!

Looking forward to continuing on through Terror and hopefully finding one of the shrines I need to start working on mid game armor.

Chuck, thanks again for inspiring this challenge. It got me to start playing Median again after several years of checking in every month or so on progress, and I’m having a blast. I’m excited for any future ladder events too!
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
ChuckNoRis wrote:forget about character defence , and just use crapy leather armors for honorifics in order to invest less stats to wear them . it's no point in using heavy armors , they won't help this build at all .

he is a glasscannon if judging by the lack of character defence , but the meatshield is keeping him safe enough . after BRC he also gaines heavy %dr too (blessed life) + Demiurge is providing a heavy stats boost

get a Pestilence spear asap (it also adds points to plague that is added to the summons damage ) . you can either roll a magic spear with oils of renewal or craft one .

good luck !

Cool, thanks for more information!
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
I’m now in act 5 terror, level 114. I’ve had no luck in finding the right shrines for my midgame gear, hoping to do some trading tomorrow as I’ve found several others.

The only weakness I’ve found with this build is something that’s not its fault, which is my controller setup; weapon swapping feels awkward and makes using flame strike a bit difficult at times, leading to me dying while fumbling with it. I’m sure that will improve once I have a more reliable source of minions from crafted gear with skeleton reanimates.

Chuck, I’ve maxed out my honorifics with the stats listed and still have some room on them. Is there anything else I should MO onto them while hunting down shrines? Same question for Quov Tsins Fall and Shadowchild, as I’m still using them until I can get a new source of reanimates.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
unfortunately the challenge is very strict and i don't believe it allows mo'ing with more stuff then it is stated in the miniguide . Normaly you could MO the Honorifics with skeleton reanimates and extra resistances if needed untill accessing the crafts , but i don't think you are allowed . Maby one of the admins or those in the challenge staff can confirm if you are allowed or not .

regarding the shrines , try doing terror k3kba a few times . if you never went there untill now , check this map http://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVI_Doc ... 3k_new.jpg to see where you can find the totems and necromancers . There are also vids on youtube that can help you understand how it all goes . the skeletons and necromancers are under the effect of the totems, being immune to all types of damage . you must destroy the totems in order to kill them . the range of the totems is very high and the packs are often protected by 2 or 3 totems .

get some reanimates on at the entrance (sacrifices) so they make tank a few hits on your way to the totems .

you should find a hadfull of shrines per run , along set items (turn them into signets for more stats) and runes up to ON .

if you did not skip the ennead challenge , then you already know what to do (but i dont remember reading that you did it )

good luck !
Dominusignis
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I personally chose to MO what I want when nothing was written, because sometimes there was not even a MO mentioned and i would never leave gear at level 60 when i can be MOed (basic game mechanic). If this assumption is wrong I violated it in day 1 (and probably most other players as well ;) )
Nogonoma1
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Nevermind
Edited by Nogonoma1 6 years.
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
Ah, good to know for farming shrines! I did complete the ennead challenge, I must’ve forgot to mention it here in addition to the discord. I’ll give that a shot and see what I find.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
#32 Sloth

Bit of progress, just about to hit 120. Currently in Dest A4. My stats are: 85 All Res, 4400 HP, 158% Phys/Mag dmg, 250% Minion Life/Dmg (following honorifics). Even managed to getting Butcher's Tooth, Horizon's Focus, Optical Detector, and Scroll of Kings.

But I am lost on it's progression path. How am I supposed to complete Terror TA/Fauntz for Black Road? I die immediately once enemies target me despite a wall of minions trying to distract the front line. I spent countless times suicide bombing to obtain my current charms, but this is magnitudes more difficult to the point of impossible.

Is there something I am overlooking? Blessed Life would help but that requires completing BR. Perhaps move on to Mid-Game shrine gear? Seems like a strange jump before completing BR. Not really in the best position to go mass farm shrines if TA and Fauntz destroy me.

:oops:
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
This is how I understand the level progression for these builds:
> Play up to A3 Terror.
> After LC2, grind Terror Uberlevels for XP to 120.
> While grinding, collect all the stuff you need for your mid-game gear: K3K for Shrines, TA for Sets, and Fauzt for...idk why anyone would farm Fauzt anymore.
> After you're 120 and your mid-game gear is made, complete Terror.
> After Terror is done, do the BRC.