Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Grasshopper wrote:Chuck are you thinking of making updates to the guides based on feedback?
no . it's not like they were created yesterday and they need some feedback . most of them have been adjusted over 10 years of intensive playing for every patch that came along bringing changes

i might add a more detailed early game gearing before jumping to TU's where the miniguide does not state what to use before them , in order to help a bit towards untwinked gaming , something that some builds have lacked for this challenge since they are SP/twink orientated , but that's about it .
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Why not?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
To be fair, how often are all of your builds played without twinking? I know "these builds usually rely on twinking of gear or crystals and sigs cause its single player", but for the sake of being a fresh char, it's insane for most builds. Doable, but I think not as you imagine they would go, and somehow you say p8 is easy when we all struggle on p1. I'm trying to find the understanding.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
L H wrote: I'm trying to find the understanding.

We all are.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Here's my update with Athelston, the neutral caster paladin.

I'm giving up on it.

I've made it (somehow) all the way to act 4 terror. It seems like the majority of monsters are fire immune, so apocalypse is even more useless than it already is. I'm using all the gear from the early game guide, and my vessel infinitely outshines apocalypse in every way. It does more damage, hits several times per second, and is much more reliable without draining all my mana within 5 seconds.

The jump to midgame gear (all fasc crafts) will require me to respec and invest all my points into strength (around 470) and dex (around 440). That's essentially hitting 120 and eating a fair amount of sigs JUST to be able to use MIDGAME gear. In a nutshell you have to progress to 120 and eat sigs using early game gear the entire time. Even more frustration comes from the gear selection of not only having no FRW, but getting a negative amount of FRW from one of the gear pieces. So you essentially move even slower than necessary. If you get hit by a frog, miasma'd from a gloober, and then hit with cold damage from the on-death Frog Prince skill from the monsters in kurast in A3, you're dead no matter what due to not being able to move.

It took me about an hour and a half of TP'ing, summoning 15 scourges, going full kamikaze and rushing/dying just to kill terror Mephisto. Strolling through act 4 afterwards, my vessel does so much damage that I can kite most mobs except for heretics. One single heretic will instantly melt my summons, and then instantly kill me. And this is only in terror. Even the mere thought of trying to hang with terror Diablo has taken what's left of my motivation to "tough it out" with this build. I already know right off the bat that I will get shrekt trying to vessel him to death. I'm not even sure I can kill Ghom in less than 30 minutes with this build.

I know I have more to add to my critique of this build, but I know I'm forgetting a lot too. I made it to lvl 81 terror act 4 before simply not being able to progress any further. I won't be able to hit 120 or kill Diablo/Baal from terror or further.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Quick question:

For the sake of these guides and this challenge, what's considered Early Game, Mid-Game, and End-Game? Like, Early Game=Hatred+Terror, Mid-Game=Dest+Easy Charms, End-Game=Everything Else?

Edit:
Another question:
Can we use standard gameplay tactics, like T-Cowing from clvl 110 to 120 before entering Dest? Or is that verboten?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
this challenge, midgame = 500 sigs and endgame.

guides, midgame = terror start, or so it seems to be playing out as most people struggle similarly
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
lol, understood.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's just so much lol. what's the point of making 50 guides that can't be done without massive twink or dupe. I'm about to be done. a fucking summoner treewarden with not enough defense to even progress through normal mobs in terror act 3 forest. It's really pathetic. sorry chuck. I tried, but no.

You can say all you want about how you tested all the builds, but it's not possible you updated 50 guides fully in two months of a ladder season and actually have played them to understand it's a nightmare. I have no doubt they work later on, but if a build can't make it to "later on" comfortable without suicide a hundred times to get from the flayer jungle to travincal, it's not a build even remotely close to the ratings that you give on your scores. maybe cut those in half. I dunno. Don't take this as a hard criticism and rage, but it's just not... comfortable, so i'll just leave it at "requires sp twinking for success," as you said most of your builds do already.

edit: let alone p8.

I can't even pin what the issue is besides the outrageous gear selections and skill setups. the midgame items you have listed are standard items if you have half of your charms and like 250 sigs. one of the builds has mnx boots as MIDGAME BOOTS. dunno man. I think my most positive suggestion is to step back and take a look at your gear selection simply to make it more viable for other players. Even if they work for you, not everyone plays as you do. shrug.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies