Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
suchbalance wrote:What would be cool to see is people recording short videos of the build after they finish it, demonstrating some gameplay.

Then we can put all of those in a showcase section on the forum and/or chuck can use them in the guide so all of these guests who are browsing the forums can enjoy the vids and we can also show off mxl's build diversity.

Will this kind of format do? (quality can be upgraded to hd)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dominusignis wrote:The leveling process was straight forward (probably due to tons of meph runs and almost maxing my gear at lvl 50) and even Destruction was not hard with almost full early game gear .......

I probably will play a similar character next season as starting character because I really like the playstyle and the power after a few days of playtime. He is a great charm farmer and could probably do even more in more experienced hands. I play mostly range/caster/summoners, so i am not that familiar with the melee playstyle and its difficulties. All in all I can recommend the build and without the challenge restrictions (no honorifics to craft gear for quov etc) it would be even better ;)
well to be honest i am not surprised that you did good with just the early game gear , since Aerial made a full guide for a very similar build that uses just t6 gear , so you should have more advantage in some spots since you can access some better gear parts (crafts/su's). You can take a look there for extra tips for the ubers you seam to have trouble . Unfortunately this challange is keeping your hands tied in order to make some gear adjustments for some specific ubers .

good luck !

ryunp wrote:I'm following The Sloth (Neutral Pally) and noticed ..
There are many viable TU choices for early game which aren't on the list...
they are not listed because the honorifics are better than any of your suggestions and require much less stats invested to equip (str/dexterity) , that way you can invest a lot more into energy + you need less grinding for arcane crystals . All you need to wory about is the gold for MO's , but you should be fine

and DFT as oskill from that armor is crap btw

ryunp wrote:This whole time the shift to Honorific gear never registered in my brain.
well , there's the answer ;)
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
ChuckNoRis wrote:
ryunp wrote:This whole time the shift to Honorific gear never registered in my brain.
well , there's the answer ;)

Is this a glass cannon build? Are the honorifics low armor T6 items just for sockets? I am imagining high armor honorifics for tankyness.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
this build is not a tank that needs his total character defence boosted . you got no access to any skill that can boost that since you go Neutral , so it makes no point focusing on character defence . the total defence is crapy whatever you do . So to compensate , it uses the summons and the reanimates (Demiurge every time the timer goes off) as meatshield instead , while he is focused on dealing heavy damage from behind this army / just run trough crowds spreading heavy damage

forget about character defence , and just use crapy leather armors for honorifics in order to invest less stats to wear them . it's no point in using heavy armors , they won't help this build at all .

he is a glasscannon if judging by the lack of character defence , but the meatshield is keeping him safe enough . after BRC he also gaines heavy %dr too (blessed life) + Demiurge is providing a heavy stats boost

get a Pestilence spear asap (it also adds points to plague that is added to the summons damage ) . you can either roll a magic spear with oils of renewal or craft one .

good luck !
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pestilence gives points to plague for minions?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
no , but when the spear is rolled with pestilence oskill it also comes along with plague on the same weapon

an example below
► Show Spoiler
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Oh that's neat. it's an autostat with plague. can roll up to.. +5 pala skill too?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , if you are lucky your roll can go up to +5 pala skills too
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey build #45 here,I've been taking it easy after the first day.I feel like my character is hitting its limits.I did all easy and moderate ubers except the bull rodeo,because i don't seem to have the dps to kill baal on destruction.My gear is mostly shimmering crafts and runewords and i don't see my defenses going up anytime soon.The build is playable but the lack of summons and defense makes it very stressful to play,i have to constantly dodge or i die.Fire is just too inferior to cold. :(

I felt masochistic and went for judgement day uber without any summons and after my mercenary died a few times i started throwing my body at the barbarians.20-30 deaths later i finally managed to summon Imperius.Around 15 deaths after that i killed him while being constantly molested and unable to do anything about it.I never felt so vulnerable in this game :oops: .Even taking the charm laying on the ground was a challange.The good news was that i can now do the Butcher easily ... Was it really worth it tho ?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
delusion wrote:Hey build #45 here,I've been taking it easy after the first day.I feel like my character is hitting its limits.I did all easy and moderate ubers except the bull rodeo,because i don't seem to have the dps to kill baal on destruction
well i'm glad you did well so far . the build is rated low regarding the gearing , meaning that if it doesn't have certain items equipped it starts to fail at some point . it seams you have reached that point unfortunately . the challange does not allow any respecs or gear changes required for some of the ubers

the defence issues can only be fixed with the end game armor