SMax Protector, why they always die first?

Discuss Median XL!
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
I play summoner barb, Smax Manifestation and Protector, Guardian and Defender just have 1 point (+22 all skills).

Guardian has 10k hp
Defender 15k
Protector 33k

This is a typical scenario, I only jump in TA with Shaman's path for 1 min, 1 Guardian die, 4 Protector die. This always happen in TA and KeK3 and Fauz.

What wrong with Protector spirit?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
valar morghulis
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
They're probably on top whenever you Spirit Walk, so they end up soaking most of the damage. It happens.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
ScarletEdge wrote:They're probably on top whenever you Spirit Walk, so they end up soaking most of the damage. It happens.

AFAIK, the top of the stack is the character, not minion, correct? That's why monster with teleport attack always hit main character after a blink. no matter how many minions he has.

My guess is the Protector move faster than 2 other spirits, after a teleport, they move out a bit and take hit? Can anyone confirm?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mobs consider them a higher priority than other spirits so they attack them first
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Pretty sure spirits move at the same rate. I don't know about monster priority, but since Spirit Walk makes it so you're the main target after every jump, you become the target of melee attacks. On the other hand, Spirits catch projectile attacks for you, unless they pierce, despite your character being at the very top. Otherwise you'd be dead in TA all the time.

Edit: Well the fact that Defender Spirits are tankier and Guardian Spirits try to walk out of range whenever you Spirit Walk while Protector Spirits blindly charge forward might be the case as well.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gekko64 wrote:mobs consider them a higher priority than other spirits so they attack them first

This is the confirmed reason. Enemies have a priority targeting the minion/ally they consider the most dangerous or important to kill. Dev's have mentioned this before.