I don't understand item progression.

Discuss Median XL!
YuberM
Destroyer
7 | 0
i figured item progression out in the beginning, but it changes in terror. I am following a barb guide, and it's telling me to craft abandoned gear, but the process is lost on me.

Am I supposed to find normal white sacred gear, and upgrade them to rares? Or am I supposed to find rare sacred drops off mobs, and reroll them with shrines? Until I get the rolls in the guide, then reroll for max sockets, and craft jewels?

I am reading all of this from a guide stating, "Abandoned Craft with X modifier", but do not know good rolls and bad rolls. The guides are way too vague.

The recipe that sticks the most out to me is:

Rare/Crafted Sacred item + Shrine → reroll item as crafted + Shrine (-1 charge)

So I am assuming from this, I must find drops that are rare, and also sacred, and also the correct item slot, before I can start using shrines to reroll them?

I am sorry, but I am new, and I have been lurking a long time, as well as numerous docs on here are old and outdated.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
YuberM wrote:Am I supposed to find normal white sacred gear, and upgrade them to rares? Or am I supposed to find rare sacred drops off mobs, and reroll them with shrines? Until I get the rolls in the guide
it makes no big difference , just that turning whites to rares can only be done via the Charsi quest . Also , all crafts get max sockets on every roll , regardless if the rare you have used for crafting have less/no sockets .

YuberM wrote:I am reading all of this from a guide stating, "Abandoned Craft with X modifier", but do not know good rolls and bad rolls.
if you use abbandoned crafts , "good rolls" need to be close to the max you can get from that shrine , depending on the item you craft ( https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/shrines ) , good enhanced defence/damage (the cap is 200% so anything above 150% is ok-ish )

you can also read here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes for the affixes that can spawn on each item , regardless of what shrine you use for crafting

YuberM wrote:The recipe that sticks the most out to me is:

Rare/Crafted Sacred item + Shrine → reroll item as crafted + Shrine (-1 charge)

So I am assuming from this, I must find drops that are rare, and also sacred,
indeed . just that the stats that can spawn on the craft also depend on the item level , so looking for ones / creating ones with ilevel 99 (cap) is the best you can do in order to have the most affixes .

the charsi quest creates an item of clvl + 4 . so if you are (at least) level 95 and do that quest , the rare item you get by that is always 99 .

and don't forget the blessing .

you might find more usefull info about crafts here : viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19419

good luck !
YuberM
Destroyer
7 | 0
Uh what about base items to actually use shrines on? I mean what if I find a sacred rare that is a low base? Like a cap or skull hat? Should I be worrying about high level base items, since I am a tank class?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
YuberM wrote:Uh what about base items to actually use shrines on? I mean what if I find a sacred rare that is a low base? Like a cap or skull hat? Should I be worrying about high level base items, since I am a tank class?
since you're a tank , get those with high base defense (ancient armor/gauntlets/greaves/plated belt / etc) .

if it's only the increased block chance that interests you while the base defense is not important , you may use leather armors for less str required to equip .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
YuberM
Destroyer
7 | 0
Ok thanks a lot. Everything was easy till end of terror. Now all this is getting a little complex. xD

I've looked through all the guides multiple times. Is the only way to make a crafted item, is to use a shrine on it?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
YuberM wrote:Is the only way to make a crafted item, is to use a shrine on it?
yes , that's how the recipe works for crafts .

rare item + shrine = craft + shrine (-1 charge) .

unless you got the shrine , you can't get the craft .
YuberM
Destroyer
7 | 0
Simple enough then I guess. Hardest part is going to be finding shrines to keep up with rerolls. And finding the correct order of item to craft.

IE: High base > rare > sacred

I am also assuming you mystic orb everything before you shrine it? Or does it matter?

Find correct item > MO > reroll with shrine until desired results > craft jewels and insert to maximize?

Did I miss anything?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
YuberM wrote:Simple enough then I guess. Hardest part is going to be finding shrines to keep up with rerolls. And finding the correct order of item to craft.
indeed . the easiest place to get both the rares and the shrines is terror k3kba .
YuberM wrote:I am also assuming you mystic orb everything before you shrine it? Or does it matter?

Find correct item > MO > reroll with shrine until desired results > craft jewels and insert to maximize?

Did I miss anything?
only MO after your craft has a good roll (and blessing) and you decide to equip and use it . any MO applied before crafting gets removed by the next roll , as every new craft roll is basicaly creating a new item .

► Show Spoiler
YuberM
Destroyer
7 | 0
So I shouldn't be worried about Baal Terror runs then? Just farm uber Kurast? Does it matter which spots to farm in there? I only been in once, and it was for the challenge quest.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kurast 3KBA is an easy farm one, especially if you're a barb with bear stance (just keep in mind you can't use ranged skills while Bear is active), since you can kill the skeletons with physical damage through their shields.

You can also try checking out the New Player Help Guide for more info about starting out in the game and some early mechanics.