Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aero wrote:BRC Skill needs to benefit all trees. Spell damage doesn't immediately mean its only useful for caster. A lot of the procs for werewolf/traprat/treewarden are lightning and cold based (sky spirit, flying saucer, stormflyer, coldhunger) etc.

Druid also gets more than forked lightning. You have access to Tempest on crafts or 4x light staff, as well as Thunderstone on Hide of Basilisk.

edit: dont steal my guide idea chuck :bounce:
unless you got a lightning spell in your tree i don't see why would you boost the lightning damage with an uberskill which is supposed to be actualy helping your character as it is , without taking note about using or not using some oskills / certain procs. Also , a lot of those procs you talk about come on SU-s , and the (long) road untill there makes the part of extra lightning damage pointless . why would you get some stats on the uberskills which normaly do not boost your character ? doesn't make much sense imo . none of the trees benefit from the actual lightning boost as none of the trees do lightning damage . it's like a barb having a skill in the tree boosting only the bow skills/damage, just because it can access some bow oskills .

also , nobody complained about it boosting the cold spells/procs. the thing here is about the lightning part of the Symbiosis boost .

► Show Spoiler
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
batstrike is way too annoying to think about using it as main attack in its current state, the sin swings way too fast to be able to count the actual number of charges you want to unleash and most of the time you won't use the one you wanted.

third charge is useless since you already have noctule for single targets, charm was much better ( some people don't like it but it was definitely useful to have it available, I'd make it work like black sleep does to cause monster infighting )

the old color coded indicator for number of charges was a lot better than the current one, ideal solution would be to use green -> yellow -> red from first to third charge

all in all, it's currently unusable and needs to go back to releasing all charges rather than individual ones. if this is deemed too strong you could make its stats scale with base levels rather than skill levels and/or make it gain additional familiars slower

also the additional duration to bloodbath from shadowdancer passive seems quite negligible since it starts at 10 sec and gets to 13 secs with smaxed passive
Edited by Gekko64 5 years.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Can Thundercrack get the same treatment as Rebound where as it doesn't try to target enemies through walls and LoS.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
oh
this is forum for feedback right?
I want to report something regarding PlugY
and yeah... I did aware that Marco said about this
Marco wrote:source post

TROUBLESHOOTING ERROR c000005
- Only PlugY from D2SE Modmanager is supported

- are you playing on single player or on TSW realm
SP

- are you using any 3rd party tools (D2Stats Reader, custom font, etc.)
I use latest PlugY version 11.02 in here http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
but because it is crashy I use 10.00 again

- how do you run the game (normally, D2SE, Launcher, other)
if I use D2SE I can play but : the error is "ACCESS_VIOLATION(C0000005)" appear after about 10-15 minutes gameplay. only OK button available
this crash issue is 100% reproduceable for my setup

so...
my current solution is revert back PlugY in "..Diablo II \ PlugY \ PlugY.dll "
into version 10 (plugy dll from D2SE when installing it)

I want to make sure...
is MXL team will make latest PlugY version 11.02 in here --> http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
compatible with MXL in near future??
if Yes, that would be awesome ;)
because... latest PlugY have more nifty features than version 10.00
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lubronbrons wrote:...

I will quote this response from one of the devs:

suchbalance wrote:No plans for improved PlugY support. The only person who can implement such a thing is working on more important things (Sigma).

Also do not expect variety of higher resolutions in Sigma, I believe maximum supported resolution would be 1024x768.

P.S.: Please, stop crying about Multires and Sting's maphack, this shit is disabled for a good reason.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
https://i.imgur.com/81wi8no.png

Singleplayer launched through D2SE. Displayed durability 180/90 while unidentified, though the item did turn out to have a +100% durability modifier and was actually at 180/180.
Staedtler82
Rust Claw
86 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge

What is happening to me ?
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
SwineFlu wrote:I will quote this response from one of the devs:
suchbalance wrote:No plans for improved PlugY support. The only person who can implement such a thing is working on more important things (Sigma).

Also do not expect variety of higher resolutions in Sigma, I believe maximum supported resolution would be 1024x768.
P.S.: Please, stop crying about Multires and Sting's maphack, this shit is disabled for a good reason.

ahh I see... so the person that could improve the PlugY is busy,
that's too bad....
thanks for the information Swine

crying? mm... I'm afraid I think you misunderstood me...
in this post --> viewtopic.php?p=177315#p177315
I did say "but if there is something I could help regarding this multires & MXL compatibility I want to participate if possible, and willing..."
well...
now I clearly know nearly all of devs here is A BIT sensitive about multires... especially for MXL 2017
I've read and noticed several devs a bit sarcastic to users that mentioned multires and some of them even scare users with ban threat
I don't know the reasons but I assume the reason could be this or neither (don't take it seriously SINCE it's just guess...) :
- the devs really intend to force no-cheat idealism to users, hmm... are all of you running such campaign right now? no-cheat campaign to every D2 users?
- the devs could be brain washed by Patreon and such for entertain reason, so they might listen more to donator request, ex. donator might request something like "Please, no cheat in realm"
- it might be the current MXL features really require certain hack in library that conflicting with multires, and no one in team can make them compatible

btw
I am super curious...
you said "Multires and Sting's maphack, this shit is disabled for a good reason"
what is the reasons ?? care to enlighten me please?
because...
if MAYBE I am inside the MXL devs team maybe I WOULD do something about them compatibility..
(I am a modder too, still amateur tho.. )
my reasoning is simple
I have seen too many users that want multires in MXL, I myself included
(that's why I am WILLING to help in my quoted post)
the fact is, we could see that multires is enjoyed by many... and you said that multires is shit ?? you know...
the download count is 500.000++ for that great tool and still increased up to this day
(while maximum download for Median series is only at 68,519 DL count -- in MXL Ultimative XVI version, and NOT the latest version)
so if you all keep forcing this no-cheat idealism... I think MXL is going in hardcore challenging direction rather than fun thing
I play game for fun and so many others, not some hardcore difficult thingy that can be so stressful
that MXL Ultimative XVI is the last version of MXL series that compatible with multires and Sting,
by time we could see and let the users be the judge....
is Ultimative XVI will become more popular since it can support mainstream tool like multires & Sting ?
or....
is new MXL 2017 with many restrictions become the favorite ?
IF the answer is : Ultimative XVI
I think MXL team should reconsider adding back multires & Sting compability..
this is just opinion & suggestion & help offer, not some crying or complaining ok ?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Anything above 1024x768 monster ai can't see you further and you are just shooting monsters that stand still.
Even if they could react and sometimes they do on the edge, its unfair advantage because for instance if they are melee , distance they have to attack you is too high, they cant reach you before you kill them, as they normally could.
Another issue is, original multires doesn't work with glide mode (I think higher res in sigma will). That nullifies all the modders work regarding light effects of skills and monsters, because if you run in direct draw, everything is plain and washed out.
Problem with these "high res" mods is, it doesn't actually change the resolution of sprites used in the game, all textures and art, but just "zooms out", causing those problems.
There is reason for example in starcraft hd, which is remastered version of starcraft 1, they keep exact same pov as in original, which was 640x480. Remaster lets you play 4k, but units are big on screen just as they were in 480p, except models are redesigned to be displayed in high res.

I'd recommend using glide wrapper and set supresampling with as high resolution as possible. You still get same pov as 800x600, but can result in really sharp image. Obviously it isn't as good as if everything in the game was created for higher resolution, but effect is still surprisingly good.
https://i.imgur.com/C46FL3c.jpg
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
hello Aerial,

Thanks for confirming some things

Anything above 1024x768 monster ai can't see you further and you are just shooting monsters that stand still.
Even if they could react and sometimes they do on the edge, its unfair advantage because for instance if they are melee , distance they have to attack you is too high, they cant reach you before you kill them, as they normally could.
There is reason for example in starcraft hd, which is remastered version of starcraft 1, they keep exact same pov as in original, which was 640x480. Remaster lets you play 4k, but units are big on screen just as they were in 480p, except models are redesigned to be displayed in high res.
I'd recommend using glide wrapper and set supresampling with as high resolution as possible. You still get same pov as 800x600, but can result in really sharp image. Obviously it isn't as good as if everything in the game was created for higher resolution, but effect is still surprisingly good.
https://i.imgur.com/C46FL3c.jpg

yeah I did aware of that, and I really enjoy playing cheating like that since am just SP user... and so many other SP players (I even disable BN in my setup)
I've read many threads that mentioned multires, and I even intensively googling it
and I will Not doing that NO-CHEAT idealism since it is too stressful for me (the RL already gave enough stress, right everyone?)
usually I enjoy the game more because I could modify some of its aspects
if you have time maybe you could google my username and you might found that I do little game hacking & modding too, and I enjoy playing that way
(also my works is appreciated by others too, so it seems the cheater is majority people I think)
in this harsh world with many restrictions... it is better that the game can relieve some stress rather than give birth to another potential stress I think (?)

Another issue is, original multires doesn't work with glide mode (I think higher res in sigma will). That nullifies all the modders work regarding light effects of skills and monsters, because if you run in direct draw, everything is plain and washed out.

that's good to know about future release Sigma could support multires :)
ahh... I see.... I get your point
so the devs disable multires support in MXL 2017 is because they DO NOT want to create ALL those EFFECTS in other resolution mode
(there is so many resolutions in multires but usually player use 1600x900 or 1920x1080)
well
I know that feeling... making compatibility patch for other mods is hassle
because it is endless and the other mod users might issuing wrong complaints or blame you
anwyay
I always play D2 in direct draw, I don't like gilde because it is so laggy in my setup
so if there is patch about MXL 2017 that could support multires and Sting
that would be Ultra Super wonderful for me (and the others too)
since I don't care much about visual, I just enjoying D2 hack and slash clicking busting Baal & his minions just like that ;)

Problem with these "high res" mods is, it doesn't actually change the resolution of sprites used in the game, all textures and art, but just "zooms out", causing those problems.

yeah I did aware of this issue too but so far it is minor I think, example : when in hi-res player can't use transfer or deposit gold button in stash
easy solution : in-game change res to 800x600, do transfer or deposit in stash, then change back again to preferred resolution, Done
...yeah it is a bit hassle but it working,
I could tolerate that because in D2 more than 90% of my screen time is in combat rather than stash viewing (you all the same right??)
and thanks for suggestion, but that glide thing solution is no good for me

CONLCLUSION : now I know the devs will not support MXL 2017 multires because of more-works reason and visual reason. also
since this MXL modding is not paid and free, I think I will try learn how to disassemble dll file and modify it to support multires & Sting
it's for my personal use so it is not a problem right? hmm... I should download Visual Studio and some tools later to realize this...