MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Thibs
Stygian Watcher
41 | 2
I've shown a direct comparison between spirit guide (giving the right amount of increased damage) and wolf stance (giving pretty much no damage whatsoever). I have no source of poison damage but, even if that were the case, such damage should lead to dramatic increases in the LCS.

The question therefore is: is wolf stance bugged, or is the information shown in the character screen wrong? If I understand it right, Thibs checked the numbers using D2Stats, so that leads me to the impression that wolf stance isn't giving the damage it should.

Yep, on D2stats wolf stance increase damage by 60% only, instead of 250% (on tooltip) for me (add 200-300 dmg only !).
190% is a HUGE difference.
Kaido
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Thibs wrote:
I've shown a direct comparison between spirit guide (giving the right amount of increased damage) and wolf stance (giving pretty much no damage whatsoever). I have no source of poison damage but, even if that were the case, such damage should lead to dramatic increases in the LCS.

The question therefore is: is wolf stance bugged, or is the information shown in the character screen wrong? If I understand it right, Thibs checked the numbers using D2Stats, so that leads me to the impression that wolf stance isn't giving the damage it should.

Yep, on D2stats wolf stance increase damage by 60% only, instead of 250% (on tooltip) for me (add 200-300 dmg only !).
190% is a HUGE difference.

SuchBalance please tell us what's up with wolf stance :(
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
villur wrote:Every day someone new in discord is having lots of difficulties playing bowzon.

Suchbalance, pls buff :(

How many more times are you going to cry about this?

villur wrote:It is very squishy

It's only squishy if you build it squishy.

villur wrote:can't use more than 1-2 RW and can't use any jewels or else you miss out on a lot of life.

Eventually bowazons use nothing BUT jewels...

villur wrote:Life leech/sustain is pretty very limited.

I had like 90%? It's really good when you shoot 500 projectiles per second.

villur wrote:I played bowzon in 1.1 and 1.2 and I was running on pots the whole time.

Well that's your choice. Did it work out well?

villur wrote:Somehow the 1.0 damage refactoring and pierce removal/nerf totally just destroyed the power of it.

A single barrage with nothing but cb + frenzy with a white bow one shot a neon fiend in fauzt last time I tried it. Maybe now you actually have to use a real bow since they have some %DR.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
cowking wrote:How many more times are you going to cry about this?

I will "cry" about this as long as it takes for something to change.

cowking wrote:Well that's your choice. Did it work out well?

I did everything except uldy, laz and void and seeing how easy other classes/builds have it I wish I wouldn't have wasted my nerves on bowzon. Even with 500TG spent on gear and all of the above charms I couldn't beat uldy stages so I just gave up.

cowking wrote:A single barrage with nothing but cb + frenzy with a white bow one shot a neon fiend in fauzt last time I tried it. Maybe now you actually have to use a real bow since they have some %DR.

Because a neon fiend is the toughest monster in the game right? ;-|
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
villur wrote:Even with 500TG spent on gear and all of the above charms I couldn't beat uldy stages so I just gave up.

The only even remotely difficult boss for bowa is baal. I'm not surprised you fail and come here asking for a buff to "help newbies" when you get rushed, spent 500 tg on gear and never even played the build. You clearly lack even basic understanding of the build given your previous statements. The quote below is called irony.

villur wrote:What kinda bothers me is that sb with his amazing bow guide should know more than anyone how pierce MO removal would heavily affect it yet it seems that bowzon testing was done by chuck instead

cowking wrote:Because a neon fiend is the toughest monster in the game right? ;-|

Yeah because bowa should one shot astrogha.

PS. I like how you skipped my other points :)
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Maybe im blind as a bat or something, but UMOs dont seem to be listed in the Unique section, is that intentional?

edit : posted this in the MXL bugs thread instead of docs feedback thread because im retarded.
Edited by Prime_Evil 5 years.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@cowking
Its pointless to argue with someone who just is throwing insults and is making baseless assumptions.
Stop trying so hard...
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
villur wrote:@cowking
Its pointless to argue with someone who just is throwing insults and is making baseless assumptions.
Stop trying so hard...

The Median forum community established very early rules for sarcasm and irony with blue text. There even is an ignore function. On a forum !
Be aware that, for some reasons, the community has a lot of 'personality' (to put it lightly). And it's small. And sometimes, very obtuse.

I surprise myself by being way more sarcastic and aggressive here than everywhere else on the Internet.

BUT ! It's still helpful and even big jerks in some discussions might actually be nice guys writing guides and answering questions.

Don't try to force an issue / a feedback though. Keep in mind that there isn't that many people to research and solution it, and that they have BIG projects on the side, heavily reducing their available time to fine tuning things.

Since you seem to care for newbies... Please go on. Help them. You are doing good. The mod is not newbie friendly enough (very far from it).

ON THIS SUBJECT, actual feedback: the respec thingies come too late. Newbie DL the game, launch it, create a bunch of lvl 1 chars, are amazed by the skills, and have no clue what they will like. They should be allowed to respec easily as early as lvl 12. And the way to do it should be obvious.
YES THIS MOD IS STILL GETTING NEWBIE PLAYERS. Cherish them more please.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You can respec easily as soon as you do Den of Evil quest.
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:You can respec easily as soon as you do Den of Evil quest.

Thanks for adding water to the mill.
Let me elaborate so that this is no longer an in-in-in-in-in-joke.

I talked about "easy respec".
I was giving a feedback, thus destined to players/devs who know the game extensively. In that context, with the fact that I was talking about new players wanting to experiment with different skillset, I assumed that "easy respec" would be understood as "accessible multiple times with little cost, be it in gold, time or ressources".
However, there was a small hole in my feedback: a very new Median player who still doesn't know that respec are easy to come by pass a certain point might think that I am a diablo player whose last game dates 1.11 lod (even though it is implied I am not in my post). I would therefore not know that you can respec once with the Den of Evil quest. It would thus be legitimate to point out that respec are "easy" in the sense that you get one free very early.

Anonymous, however, is not such a newbie player. And participate in this forum iteration since it exists. He is deliberately making a joke, twisting his own comprehension of my words to bend them in such a way that it can turn into a passive-agressive belittling of my feedback. Which is fine. It's funny. At least to enough people that he keeps going. I am having fun myself. It's a shame that he tries to do it at the expanse of newbies who legitimately don't know they can respec as many times as they want.

But what's important is that the feedback is still there, despite the noise.

Look at the catalyst system for example: there were multiple concerns about them when they were implemented first (shoppable). Now they are special drops, which do make the new players involved in "wth are this thingies ?". I don't remember seeing a huge forum approval about catalysts being the #1 top ultra priority thing to change though.

So keep on the feedback. Let the actual people in charge decide whether they are legit and -more importantly- worth the time investment right now with a busy schedule.