SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lubronbrons wrote:...

Pretty much what Aerial said, multires is broken because of monster AI in the first place and if you combine it with some spicy maphack this game turns into some mindless clicker. It's not like diablo requires highly mental activity but clicker games is on a whole different level. If you consider that such gameplay is fun I won't argue with you, it's rather pointless.

Great example of intense and high skilled gameplay btw:
► Show Spoiler

I wish you good luck with RE project, I'm sure it won't take you that much time since you're familiar with modding.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
SwineFlu wrote:
lubronbrons wrote:...

Pretty much what Aerial said, multires is broken because of monster AI in the first place and if you combine it with some spicy maphack this game turns into some mindless clicker. It's not like diablo requires highly mental activity but clicker games is on a whole different level. If you consider that such gameplay is fun I won't argue with you, it's rather pointless.

Great example of intense and high skilled gameplay btw:
► Show Spoiler

I wish you good luck with RE project, I'm sure it won't take you that much time since you're familiar with modding.

yeah, let's just agree to disagree Swine
this is a matter for gameplay style...

I like that screenshoot btw :) that's how I enjoy playing D2

thanks for the luck ! I surely need it
umm you rate me to high sir, no... my modding skill is amateur, my confidence to disassemble that MXL.dll is very little...
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Don't let their pessimism discourage you, lubrons. Surely it is possible for the devs to change their minds if you create a compelling argument.

There is even a special topic here where the devs take time on a regular basis to sort through the best ideas generated by our community.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
cowking wrote:Don't let their pessimism discourage you, lubrons. Surely it is possible for the devs to change their minds if you create a compelling argument.

There is even a special topic here where the devs take time on a regular basis to sort through the best ideas generated by our community.

Thank you for the encouragement Cowking,
right now I kind of downer
because :
- my bunch trial & errors to make it MXL 1.3 works with PlugY 11.02 is completely failed...
- did try modify that MXL.dll with several tools but again... I failed miserably
- latest MXL 1.3 is very great, but... not for me. because it restrict Sting and multires, so a big No for me
- last MXL version that still compatible with Sting and multires is Ultimative XVI, this also a no for me. because I prefer MXL 2017 1.3 gameplay
so...
end of line : I decide to wait Sigma, in hope it is playable for me

but
there's some things that I still not tried : (before completely giving up)
- try to modify MXL patch mpq into stand alone, no dll dependecies. so it can be compatible with multires & Sting
or...
- try modify MXL.dll so it no longer auto close on multires or Sting
- I think both solutions above if I did it successfully at least one I could make latest PlugY version 11.02 can be played without crash with MXL 1.3, so no need to experiment more on PlugY
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if you follow aerial's instructions the game can definitely look great even without multires, and with d2stats you don't need stings anymore
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
Gekko64 wrote:if you follow aerial's instructions the game can definitely look great even without multires, and with d2stats you don't need stings anymore

hello Gekko,
well I did try that glide thing and that's not what I wanted
it's gameplay style
you all can say whatever all you want but I definitely need multires in my life for D2,

regarding D2stats I will quote my own post (source post)

lubronbrons wrote:my recent experience with D2Stats is not that good,
the item hide/show toggle is confusing me... to switch from combat and loot mode in between is crippling me instantly x_X
while Sting could just toggle item label with single button
as for the filter is good enough I think, but still... Sting's the winner in this part (pardon no offence, I'm just try to be objectively)

ahh... man... I wish I had a skill to modify dll files *sigh*
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Broken name
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Had the weirdest fight with Tal Rasha today. Under Baal morph while fighting minions my fortress was working fine. But when the boss was alone the skill started to act weird. In most cases the towers did not spawn at all. Few lucky times when skill actually worked was when i was south from red portal. Intended ?
hydrazz
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
-TSW
-Launcher
-Using no tool or anything except launcher
-Unhandled exception c00005

I have tried about everthing that is on the site and battlenet still not working. Everything else works
Peter82kr
Skeleton
2 | 0
I have fresh install of diablo 2 from cd's image's on updated windows 10, and updated video card drivers.Im using latest median xl launcher on clean LOD install with no patches.Only one video mode works for me, and its glide.Battlenet not working for me c00005 error during version check.Singleplayer works fine.I tried evrything what is on site with no success.Im using only launcher.Sorry for my english its not my native language.
P.S.:Thanks for making this mod and launcher.