MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Krozra
Imp
5 | 0
Excellent changes overall, but a simple change I'd like to see is the option to sell charms (i.e. TA twin seas charm) removed. Accidentally sold mine after upgrading it with Atma's scroll and couldn't get it back.
patixx
Imp
4 | 0
idk why but i have a ~70% chance of getting a "bad quest state" error when trying to create a game
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
HechtHeftig wrote:The enemies that protect LAM Esen (dunno if unique mob or not) are simply insane, even on NM difficulty already. They cast that shit cold spell mephisto used to cast. Except it casts it like it's a minigun. 1 hit = 2 k life gone. Possibility to stunlock you, and 1 cast per attack. Not fun at all considering that shit covers more than half the screen.

Also: I didn't notice it at all since I played a totemancer, but that sprint mechanic is probably the worst thing ever implemented in any video game ever.
What it's probably meant to achieve: Inserting an "O-SHIT!" button for every character to get out of dire situations easily.
What it actually achieves: Frustration. Plain old simply frustration. Because in regular gameplay, you want to run all the time anyway. But what it does is reminding us every time you use it that this was not supposed to be in the game. That you remember how you easily ran through the first few acts in MXL 2017, or even Diablo 2 cLoD. But a 5 second sprint is just plain ridiculous.

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think one of the devs mentioned that you wanted to rework the walk/run mechanic because reaching the end of the stamina is limiting the character in a way that's not desirable. So WHY in the seaven seas do you implement something that limits the player even further?! It doesn't make any sense at all.

And what's worse is the fact that it's even more punishing once you die somewhere in the world. Not only do you have to wait 5 seconds (I don't mind that change at all, since it helps reminding the player to let the poison attacks do their work) but when you go back it just seems like an eternity, and when you press ctrl down you are constantly teased by the game in a fashion such as: "Hey, see how fast you could move? But I'm not letting you, so fuck you!"

And let's not talk about how annoying it is for any ranged char or glasscannon. Let's also not talk about how fast Heretics still are, even so much that you're unable to run away nor approach them.

So yeah... aside from totemancer, which isn't affected by that new sprint mechanic, and only suffers from a small activation radius of the totems, I probably won't play any other build this patch. I think I need to take a break from Median after this. So yeah, cya in a couple of months.

is there an sprint skill now or what does that mean ? :mrgreen:

i have noticed the run/walk mechanic in sigma is not a rly great feature for experienced mxl player's : /
MW619
Fallen
1 | 0
Can't play. Ive got error when create char in Single P, and other error when create game on Realm.
I did everything, fresh install, using Launcher, add DEP exception, set compatibility, run as admin etc.
:( :(
► Show Spoiler

In logs this text:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by MW619 5 years.
Legintown
Fallen
1 | 1
Constant disconnects and massive desync even on the closest physical servers. Was an absolute travesty to play. Already uninstalled, good luck with your project
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
MW619 wrote:Can't play. Ive got error when create char in Single P, and other error when create game on Realm.
I did everything, fresh install, using Launcher, add DEP exception, set compatibility, run as admin etc.
:( :(
► Show Spoiler

In logs this text:
► Show Spoiler

http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22704
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Battery wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Read here: Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Cannot create forum account. Gets error 'You have enterd an invalid timezone' at the Register page.

My mates have come round to try this game and they are having problems with install and such and they can't create forum accounts to talk about it.
blankname
Prowler
16 | 3
Regarding the run/walk change, I find that it's a lot more annoying from an ergonomic perspective to have to hold the key down. Holding down 3 keys for attack in place + items + sprint while also changing skills and drinking pots is really uncomfortable. I mean it's not 100% of the time but it's still pretty rough. I like the idea of trying to make it more interesting from a gameplay perspective but I think the toggle was much easier on the hands.

Edit: also forgot hitting tab for map. maybe I could optimize my playstyle but it just feels like this doesn't fit in D2, at least at the fast pace of MXL