Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:Is there any way to fix this? Or is something like a hotfix that disables the starting of video squences planned?

Playing windowed with ddraw prevents movies from loading.

HechtHeftig wrote:On a side note: Hyena strike seems awefully flawed. In terms of single target damage, it is completely outclassed by a 1-pointer Great Hunt. It's also a lot harder to get the Fury bonus since you get only 1 orb instead of 4-10 like from Great Hunt to run/pounce into.

You're misunderstanding the skill. It's smaxed eagle stance + bear stance combined and doesn't generate fury.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cowking wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Is there any way to fix this? Or is something like a hotfix that disables the starting of video squences planned?

Playing windowed with ddraw prevents movies from loading.

Lol... strange things happen. Started the game with DD, suddenly the mouse bugged around in main menu. Started a game, and the screen was even more buggy as if my graphics card was about to explode. Wanted to record it to show you it won't work, minimized the window, maximized it again and - all works perfectly fine. switched to glide and back to DD again, but now it stays that way. Nice.
Thanks a lot!

The 5 seconds of black screen before each start and before each time you enter a game is still there though (didn't test out the act switching yet).

cowking wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:On a side note: Hyena strike seems awefully flawed. In terms of single target damage, it is completely outclassed by a 1-pointer Great Hunt. It's also a lot harder to get the Fury bonus since you get only 1 orb instead of 4-10 like from Great Hunt to run/pounce into.

You're misunderstanding the skill. It's smaxed eagle stance + bear stance combined and doesn't generate fury.

Looked at it again and yes, it doesn't generate fury. On lvl 120 (fresh, with no charms) with this skill maxed it has a duration of a little more than 8 seconds, grants 20% DR (Armor and spear already give up to 30%) and 100% in 7,2 seconds. Sounds really nice. What makes me not want to use that skill is still the part where you have to walk through the globe. It's not like I didn't use that skill upon reaching level 6, and the globe's animation seems to be somewhere where the hitbox isn't sometimes(not always). And it really doesn't feel good walking into lots of enemies in order to apply a buff. I'd rather stay with Takedown for now, which increases my defense, attack speed and grants me Laek for about 15 seconds. So yeah, I really don't have skillpoints left to use on Hyena Strike anyway. It's probably a lot better later in the game, when you don't want to rely on your items for the DR and the Laek from takedown isn't enough.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Found a big invisible wall in Torajan Jungles.
Here where it's situated:
► Show Spoiler

Here where on the map the character is:
► Show Spoiler
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Reported this once and never fixed, but the jungle map got changed D:
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Let's hope for the best then, not often problems with maps get corrected
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
Actually there were more invisible walls D:.
I just found another one today but it's in a corner...
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It will be fixed when Duncraig gets fixed.
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
For some reason, when I buy items too quickly from a shop like town scrolls by spam clicking, the game bugs out and doesn't respond, then it crashes to main menu.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Afzofa wrote:For some reason, when I buy items too quickly from a shop like town scrolls by spam clicking, the game bugs out and doesn't respond, then it crashes to main menu.

Hold shift and right click either scroll type with the corresponding tome in your inventory and it will fill it instantly, or run out your gold trying to do so. This also works for filling your belt with potions.

According to d2stats, queen of blades gives 5% skill ias, is this intended? Its not mention in the skill description.
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dark Portal overlays have a weird priority order. Tested in Chaos Sanctuary with the 3 seal bosses, no matter in which order you do them, if you have 2 overlays active at the same time, Dark Portal will always lead to the Black Road. If only the overlays from the left and right seals are active, then portal will lead to the Realm of Lies. The Void portal from Diablo overrides all of them. Shouldn't it always spawn the portal from the last boss you killed?