Rebalance old runewords and TUs for melee builts?

Discuss Median XL!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Umbrella wrote:

Now i am curious about one thing only. That 2.5kk defense lvl 115 paladin. Or are these numbers unrelated ? Anyways wana see that char :)
Umbrella
Vampiress
35 | 0
Anonymous: wrote:
Umbrella wrote:

Now i am curious about one thing only. That 2.5kk defense lvl 115 paladin. Or are these numbers unrelated ? Anyways wana see that char :)

soryy, it is not paladins def, it was on barbarian bear.

paladin was have ~400k with bearstance.

anyway it is big number of def for terror.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Only one thing comes to mind.
► Show Spoiler

(that being said I'm shit at the game myself, just not "can't get past terror" level of bad)
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MXL is balanced around softcore and in fact developers give zero fucks about how HC players feel themselves. It's impossible to build ARPG which would be truly challenging and hardcore viable at the same time, you need to choose one.

Your statement about gear is correct though, 85%-95% of items in MXL are disgusting trash and completely useless, so huge overhaul would be really cool.
► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
How you think balancing items should go ? Quantity over quality ? Don't think you can make a very large amount of items that are all usefull and good and work with every char/build. And even if you do, people still pick up the best one leaving the rest in "trash bin". If you focus on quality and remove the useless ones - the amount of usefull is very small and again people will be using same items over and over. Pickle situation.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Anonymous: wrote:How you think balancing items should go ? Quantity over quality ? Don't think you can make a very large amount of items that are all usefull and good and work with every char/build. And even if you do, people still pick up the best one leaving the rest in "trash bin". If you focus on quality and remove the useless ones - the amount of usefull is very small and again people will be using same items over and over. Pickle situation.

Well, if it comes to Tu's it should be "rather" easy.

For example: Every wdm build usually picks Jitan's Kamon. Why? Because it gives DR and lots of elemental damage, while also giving a decent amount of defense even though it's not overwhelming. Plus the requirements aren't that high.
And every build that focuses on elemental or poison damage from spells usually picks Queen of Glass because of the -20 enemy resist and nearly the best amount of armor of all TU armors, while also having "rather low" requirements.
In case of Jitan's for example you could create an armor with Avoid instead of DR. Also give it lots of Weapon damage bonus and voila. You have another armor that could be chosen for example by assassins or other builds with already high amount of avoid (Wolf druid for example). Or create an armor with high amount of ED and high STR costs for STR only builds, that grants +1-2 flat damage per 10 base points into str. Same could be done for a dex based build. And so on and on.
In case of Queen of Glass you could create an armor with lots of spelldamage and +1-2 skills on T6. The only Tu armors that have that are sorc armors, but they always focus only on 1 element. Having one that focuses on all those elements could go a nice way. Or just create 4 different armors with 3 types of -enemy resist, each lacking a different type and you already have 4 viable options.
Umbrella
Vampiress
35 | 0
Frytas wrote:Only one thing comes to mind.
► Show Spoiler

(that being said I'm shit at the game myself, just not "can't get past terror" level of bad)

;)
I can be very bad at the game, but the problem will remain.
Perhaps having a higher quality items, we can achieve better results.
I guess, In any case, rework of old items already required.This is main idea.
Isn't my cry about my cruive gameplay - anyway, i can pass it, if I will avoid unnecessary areas and monsters.
Umbrella
Vampiress
35 | 0
mahitovec wrote:MXL is balanced around softcore and in fact developers give zero fucks about how HC players feel themselves. It's impossible to build ARPG which would be truly challenging and hardcore viable at the same time, you need to choose one.

Your statement about gear is correct though, 85%-95% of items in MXL are disgusting trash and completely useless, so huge overhaul would be really cool.
► Show Spoiler

Mb for Softcore player it will be interesting too. I understand, that is not important, when you just can fast to reach 120 lvl, start to farm k3k e.t.c. Or just to ask somebody in a chat and get what you want - np.

Yes, i can make the farming class, farm what i need on HC and mulling it, after i can wear it. But, if i just want begin game from 0 and be a melee class, i must to tear ass (it is good, in is normally - HC, why I did raise the issue? ;-|)

it is bad to disscuss live on HC (live how you can, survive and something like that)
But items now is so usless.