Short Screen Freezes

Need help installing the mod?
Zechevalier
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey MXL Peeps, i've recently started playing Median XL again after years because of the new update, and the game pretty much ran fine without any issues (Thankfully.) Except one problem me and my bro have been having, that we never had before when we used to play years ago.

While running the game using the video mode 3DFX Glide, the screen will Periodically freeze for a few seconds at a time, so far it seems to happen after entering dungeons, or triggering the intro voice clip of boss enemies in Uber Levels.

The game does seem to freeze less on Direct2D Video Mode. But if I drop down the game while in full-screen, my browsers windows have adjusted to the games resolution and are very small (More of an inconvenience than anything,) and when I open the game window back up it ends up looking like this:

► Show Spoiler

I have a fairly decent computer and my brothers computer is way better than mine and he is having the same problem, if anyone has any suggestions on how I can run MXL using 3DFX Glide, or perhaps run Direct2D without the issues i mentioned above i would greatly appreciate it!

PC Specs:
► Show Spoiler
SmilingHobo
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have the same exact problem I believe, game freezes for a few seconds, especially when a boss gets close for the first time it seems (screen freezes for 5 seconds and I was killed by boss so and so). I set the texture memory to max (108mb) thinking it was texture related, but that didn't seem to do the trick.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You could play fullscreen with windowed ddraw using windowed borderless gaming.
SmilingHobo
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Does that mean everyone has the same problem in fullscreen then?