Why was necromancer skeletons removed?

Discuss Median XL!
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
I wonder what reason was to remove necromancer's skeletons, I always loved them! And they fit so well with the class!

Will they ever be put back in a future patch?
Maybe remastered like barbarians whirlwind skill that is now call windform?

I would love to have them back again but remastered with new models and looks, like the veil king :D
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Main reason was to bring completely new experience with fully reworked skill trees. Only monsters are using some of old skills, Fissure in Kurast's for example.

I dont think any of old skills will be introduced in future patch or Sigma as part of skill trees.

Im guessing you are missing old summons look which is only aesthetic feel and imo new minions offering even more on that field, plus way deeper mechanics or not mentioned yet hybrid summoners which can vary from pure tactical purpose, meatshields to damage dealers.

Have you tried Barbarian with his summon tree? He use different minion mechanic where Spirits do not follow you but trying to live their own way and you must "command" them by using Spirit Walk skill or teleport related oskill. Its not like skeletons but if you was fan of summoning in vanilla, you will for sure find much fun with Spirits or minions with other classes.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unda wrote:Main reason was to bring completely new experience with fully reworked skill trees. Only monsters are using some of old skills, Fissure in Kurast's for example.

I dont think any of old skills will be introduced in future patch or Sigma as part of skill trees.

Im guessing you are missing old summons look which is only aesthetic feel and imo new minions offering even more on that field, plus way deeper mechanics or not mentioned yet hybrid summoners which can vary from pure tactical purpose, meatshields to damage dealers.

When I still played Zephyrus mod before it died back in 2006 or 2007, I asked the exact same question in the zephyrus forum. If I remember correctly, I was told that that there's an issue with skeletons since they have 7 or 8 "tile sets" (One with axe, one with shield and axe and so on...) which can cause lots of lagg. That's why even in this mod, the animation of skeletons was replaced.

I can imagine that Laz did it for the same reason.

But who cares anyway? Skeletons are lame. If anyone wants to have skeletons, said person can MO' all the gear with "reanimate as skeleton" and use sacrifice in order to spawn hundrets of thousands of skeletons.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I dont remember now which vanilla patch it was but lag with few necros summoning crazy number and joining same portal or wp was so huge it was able to crash server and cause rollback.
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:
Unda wrote:Main reason was to bring completely new experience with fully reworked skill trees. Only monsters are using some of old skills, Fissure in Kurast's for example.

If anyone wants to have skeletons, said person can MO' all the gear with "reanimate as skeleton" and use sacrifice in order to spawn hundrets of thousands of skeletons.

But how effective would it be to have reaninated skeletons? They probably would do crap damage xD
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Leave alone skeletons, if you want to look closer how reanimator build might work and tricks then check this out viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1827

Btw have you played summoner till the endgame with Median?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Josko_91 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

If anyone wants to have skeletons, said person can MO' all the gear with "reanimate as skeleton" and use sacrifice in order to spawn hundrets of thousands of skeletons.

But how effective would it be to have reaninated skeletons? They probably would do crap damage xD

Buffed with DFT and HT, they can probably dish out some damage. Never tried it, so you'd need to try it out on your own.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
When I still played Zephyrus mod before it died back in 2006 or 2007, I asked the exact same question in the zephyrus forum. If I remember correctly, I was told that that there's an issue with skeletons since they have 7 or 8 "tile sets" (One with axe, one with shield and axe and so on...) which can cause lots of lagg. That's why even in this mod, the animation of skeletons was replaced.

The person that told you this was smoking some good stuff