Mana/Life on Attack?

Discuss Median XL!
xAdvent
Fallen
1 | 0
Probably asked a lot before, I searched but couldn't find an answer before posting a topic.

Does mana and life on attack only count with melee based attacks or does it count for spells/skills on cast as well?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
On attack will trigger on weapon swing, so autoattack or WDM skills for instance, doesnt matter if the hit lands or not unlike "on striking" where the hit has to land. Not spells. Note that you have to click on a monster to count as weapon swing, shift+clicking on air wont do it.
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
Why is this not in the short question thread? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Prime_Evil wrote:On attack will trigger on weapon swing, so autoattack or WDM skills for instance, doesnt matter if the hit lands or not unlike "on striking" where the hit has to land. Not spells. Note that you have to click on a monster to count as weapon swing, shift+clicking on air wont do it.

That‘s not quite correct. Life on attack only triggers when your autoattack hits. AR is still vital to leech that way. You‘ll notice I‘m right once you get to destruction and bosses gain huge amounts of avoid.

Only the wording was changed from mana/life on striking in melee to mana/life on attack. But the way it works is Stil the same.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
also it does work on the offhand - so a barb with 500 life on attack on his offhand also gains life when he uses an attack based on his primary weapon