Discuss Median XL!
SmilingHobo
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello MXL people, I main a Bow Druid which, I know isn't the best tree in the game, but the further endgame I get the more extremely under-powered he feels. My biggest problems are being squishy and damage dealing, so pretty much everything? Usually I can get by with killing things but surviving is just about impossible for me it seems in most cases.

I've searched and searched for guides but couldn't find any Bow Druid guides for this latest update. Can anyone give me some pointers at least?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
More defense, more leech/life on striking/on kill. Bow druid isn't meant to tank like a melee character is. Most of his skills are wide range damage application. Kill speed is his defense.
SmilingHobo
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I see, are there any certain SUs I should be looking for? maybe those will at least give me more of a basis to go off of
AGsniper
Sasquatch
62 | 3
I would recommend a different skill tree when playing a Druid untwinked. Untwinked bow Druid is a slow, slow, slow going process.
SmilingHobo
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
And what do you mean by untwinked? Apparently I am not hip with the lingo here lol
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Twink = getting items from somewhere to boost your character. Either other people or other characters you might have.
Untwinked = Playing on a fresh account/char with no help from nobody nor getting items from other than things you find yourself or trade at that walkthrough (kinda like ssf but being able to trade, as long as you made the currency with that character)
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
speaking of bow druid blues.. i agree a fun part of bow druid is lots of good bow options but i don't get why this is an sssu.. WDM% isn't listed for the oskill, but screen says Way less damage than equivalent of cascade or spore.. and range/target aquisition isn't as good as cascade.. i guess you randomly give off charged bolts that deal unnoticeable damage

i long for rng gods to bless me with sir painless
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wyrmshot is a good skill, but not without the bonus range you get from amazon's sunstrike synergy. it would have to be a special version of the skill that already has increased target seek range to be comparable to the sssu tier. wyrmshot is 50% WDM I think where you're looking at 80s? for cascade or spore I think?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Aero wrote:wyrmshot is a good skill, but not without the bonus range you get from amazon's sunstrike synergy. it would have to be a special version of the skill that already has increased target seek range to be comparable to the sssu tier. wyrmshot is 50% WDM I think where you're looking at 80s? for cascade or spore I think?

If I'm not mistaken Cascade should be 66% and Spore 50%, or the other way around. Anyway I agree on a different version of Wyrmshot or replacing it with something else.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
krex87 wrote:speaking of bow druid blues.. i agree a fun part of bow druid is lots of good bow options but i don't get why this is an sssu.. WDM% isn't listed for the oskill, but screen says Way less damage than equivalent of cascade or spore.. and range/target aquisition isn't as good as cascade.. i guess you randomly give off charged bolts that deal unnoticeable damage

i long for rng gods to bless me with sir painless

Well maybe you can roll one next season