Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
do you think someone is able to say if the vessel' paladin skills snaphot or are dynamic ?

I wonder because i'm actually thinking its a snapshot buff, but i'm not really sure about this since, I buff myself with a gear with %spell damage, then switch to another setup with tons of magic find, I can't see any difference, on most farming area, but sometimes I feel like my VOJ damage are getting lower and I have to recast with my prebuff gear to re-make work fast

:thinking:
Any information about this would be really appreciated since i'm writting the vesseldin guide and I might saying shit things to ppl that are reading the guide. :mrgreen:
Thanks for your time anyway!
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
I believe it was Aero that said the other week that VOJ cant be precast, it counts the dmg based on the gear at the time of the vessel being shot at an enemy. so prebuffing then switching to MF gear will lower your dmg. you need to just fill all your socket on the buff gear with MF jewels as compensation to find a middle ground
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Oh.. NOOOOO I really need to rework the guide then
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I'd like to know how he figured it btw, I can't see any difference on TA, Teganze, Dunc, with & without the gear.
the only difference that i can see is about the passive vessel's spell (+x target, +xphys damage)
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
I could be wrong but i thought thats what he said. You should shoot him a message and ask him
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Just test it out. Make a new pala, level up to level 15 or something like that, respec, put 1 point in vessel, activate players 8, cast vessel, look at the damage against a zombie.

Then without casting it again, equip a nef staff, ith scepter and/or ith armor, put all points into vessel, run towards a zombie again. That way you can see what‘s the right answer.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
this one goes for all spell buffs of this kind (be it vessels , hive , path of flames, nova charge , lightning arena / whatever else) since they have a next delay for each next time they are shooting , each time their damage is recalculated . suppose you buff with "x" and your merc casts bloodlust that lasts 10 senconds , for those 10 seconds you will be dealing more damage with "x" . same if you are casting such damage boost buffs or somehow you are periodicaly increasing your stats (see demiurge as example) - more energy -> more spell damage .
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Thanks chuck ! I could have tested it on my own with gear and naked i'm just too tired to think properly.

Thanks anyway we can close this topic now.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Maybe it was chuck i read and not aero lol
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It’s got nothing to do with next delay.

It’s because a new missile is generated each time, so it re-scales to whatever is equipped at the time of the missile generation. Same for symphony of destruction, pof, etc