Transitioning from early Mid-game onwards

Discuss Median XL!
venom250
Fallen
1 | 0
I've done some digging but can't quite find any succinct advice on how to progress throughout the game once you reach the "mid-game" point. My definition of mid-game is entering destruction in search of SU/Sets. I played through Hatred and Terror with relative ease on my Javazon following the 1.3 miniguide of Lagertha, but unfortunately the guide was sparse on content besides gear, i.e. what stats should I be looking for etc. I found that the difficulty has ramped up substantially in Destro (as you'd imagine), but I'm sort of at a loss for how to improve myself.

What I have done so far is upgraded all my uniques to level 6, and experimented with a few shrine crafts (Abandoned), my resists are max at about 200%, 42k def, 225% ias, 40% magic find, using a A5 merc from one of the guides, and gear wise. I'm currently searching for sets as that's what the guide calls for, but farming Terror K3K is a pain as I'm often overwhelmed and can't destroy the towers, and I don't have much luck in Terror TA (increase mf?).

Long story short, is this the point of the game where the grind begins? Can anyone provide some advice on what stats/MO I should be looking for on crafted gear to someone unfamiliar with this mod, and perhaps specifically for a javazon; and lastly, any advice on getting over the hump of getting through tough Destro when terror is quite simple?
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
have you gotten any charms yet? If not, you should atleast try to get few of the easier ones
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tl;dr don't play any of chuck's guides unless you have a shared stash of every item and endless sigs/shrines. play a real build from the guide section that gives you a more thorough walkthrough if you're still learning.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
venom250 wrote:...................
What I have done so far is upgraded all my uniques to level 6, and experimented with a few shrine crafts (Abandoned), and lastly, any advice on getting over the hump of getting through tough Destro when terror is quite simple?
get all the crafts adviced in the miniguide before going to farm for set parts or SU's . Farm for more shrines in terror . with the crafts on you can get max block with just a handfull of charms in your inventory . that is your mid gear .

venom250 wrote:I played through Terror with relative ease on my Javazon following the 1.3 miniguide of Lagertha

stay there until you equip the crafts . proceed to destruction when all crafts are on .

the Vasily's set parts are not mandatory , as the crafts are enough to get most of the charms , but as you asked , those Vasily set parts are the transition from crafts to the end game SU-s .

it'a all very clear imo .

reading the general gameplay tips in the first post of the compilation can help you too .

stats to look for on the crafts : https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/shrines https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

reading the docs won't hurt either

good luck !