Newbie just started, asking about shapeshifter gear

Discuss Median XL!
Tyriel
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello,

Im a d2lod veteran and rejoined the scene by this awesome mod.

Lvl'd up my single player light cold sorc to 120 in a few days n got 10ish charms by now.

My merc seems to be fairly weak tho, im using shapeshifter with 50k defence atm + capped res (smth like 120 all on destruction) and nothing but shrine crafted gear & sacred rares on him.
Any suggestions how to really boost him up, I feel like there is alot for me to do for him...

E: Couldnt really find any good "guides" on gearing up the mercs so thats why I ended up here :lol:
Thanks in advance!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You need tons of IAS, especially on the weapon. IIRC you can hit 3 FPA attack.

You can do the calcs yourself from the info in this topic.
Tyriel
Skeleton
2 | 0
cowking wrote:You need tons of IAS, especially on the weapon. IIRC you can hit 3 FPA attack.

You can do the calcs yourself from the info in this topic.

Thanks alot! Helped me out quite a bit, feeling like my merc is actually doing smth now :)
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
has anybody tested the 3 fpa attack thing on shapeshifter merc? I haven't been able to make it work with the numbers given in that thread. Not even with tons of added skill ias.

I only tested it visually, but I am certain one should see the difference between a 6fpa (what speedcalc gives as max) and a 3fpa attack animation since it is twice as fast.

I remember seeing a noticable difference in attackspeed between the breakpoints in vanilla d2 when using the werebear morph from beast-RW on Sorc/Assassin. The latter could go up to 3 fpa aswell and the animation was considerably faster