Widescreen support?

Discuss Median XL!
HeffyDandy
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi! I've been playing DIablo 1 with Belzebub and it's the most fun I've had with a Diablo game in forever. It looks great, too, with it's HD mod.

I've seen screenshots of this game in widescreen, but recent ones are in standard res. Is there a way to play in HD like in Belzebub?

I don't plan playing online for the most part, as I'm pretty sure that's why there isn't one (for the advantage of seeing farther) but if you just put in for everyone to have, nobody would be disadvantaged.

Thanks for the help!
Primarch
Abomination
156 | 19
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
HeffyDandy wrote:Hi! I've been playing DIablo 1 with Belzebub and it's the most fun I've had with a Diablo game in forever. It looks great, too, with it's HD mod.

I've seen screenshots of this game in widescreen, but recent ones are in standard res. Is there a way to play in HD like in Belzebub?

I don't plan playing online for the most part, as I'm pretty sure that's why there isn't one (for the advantage of seeing farther) but if you just put in for everyone to have, nobody would be disadvantaged.

Thanks for the help!

Sigma will provide wider*** screen support but it’s only marginally better than the standard resolution. Don’t expect widescreen support.
HeffyDandy
Skeleton
2 | 0
Ah, well that's a bummer.

Hopefully they implement something like Bezelbub one day!
cowking
Daystar
661 | 63
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If you want widescreen before sigma you have to play an older version of the mod. I can upload XVI to some filehost if you're desperate.
SingleInfinity
Stone Warrior
30 | 4
They don't want to support larger resolutions because eventually you can see enemies who can't target you.

I hope someday post sigma they work on fixing the AI issues so that full widescreen can be supported.

Playing in windowed sucks (especially on a 4K monitor), and playing in fullscreen makes everything look super shitty, and also doesn't scale your mouse DPI.

I can't see them leaving it in its current state forever. It's a big compromise for most people.