Pestilence Nec

Discuss Median XL!
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
any recommendations or guides for a poison nec based on pestilence ?
woukld be thankful for all kinds of hints - skilling, equipment, merc etc.
transtrans
Cultist
23 | 0
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I made a showcase a couple of months ago about a pestilence nec. My build is rather lame since it's only able to beat TA and Cows. However, Annihilus5 added his suggestions for improvement (8th post from top, or 3rd from bottom: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6103 )

It sounds reasonable, so you should probably focus on getting that stuff after you're done with chuck's Jumping Jack build, since welll... you can already see how quickly I clear TA, and the improved version will just be better.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
I tried the Jumping Jack once .... but didnt finish .... no! :lol:

The skilling of the pestilence nec is nearly the same as mine ..... very nice videos
i use Skull of the Prophet and The Trickster as recommended from annihilus + Lirian Moon from the same Set
missing the rune for Nero ... actually Deadfall :shock:
Armor is Cathedral (GUL)

What other equip do you use? All shimmering Crafts?
And which merc? I am playing this nec in "normal gameplay" atm and want to use it for more than only TA ..... actually end of Terror
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, I never played that character normally. I played as a summoner nec to 120 and then respecced after I found all the items. So no, I didn't use a merc for the TA runs and yes, I only used shimmering crafts for most of the gear.

However, Aero used a different approach and went with the celestial orchard set as you can see in his video (the last one) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3156

Sorry, but that's all the information I can provide, since such a build is yet to be optimized. I gave up in act 2 terror with a melee version of it. But that was way back, when melee nec was different. You'll probably have lots of fun brainstorming a bit more. If you encounter any problems, I'm sure we can help. You just need to say what you're lacking - damage, survivability, boss killer?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
thx
unfortunately i only have 3 parts of the celestial set .... and those i use
problems i have a bit with immunes and bosses ... sometimes i get stuck between immunes ..... atm i have an a5 merc .... maybe an abjurer or bloodmage would be better ... hmmm
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
for immunes, you can either put 6 points in carnage and do a melee/pestilence hybrid, or you can just max funeral pyre if you have the points and unmorph from deathlord to use against psn immune bosses (you'll likely need a different gear set anways to get fire pierce to boost this), but for quick farming, just go past the immunes and let poison kill everything it can.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Carnage is not really an option for me because i dont like melee. funeral pyre and unmorph maybe ..... hmmm ... atm my a5 merc is doing this job, but not in a perfect way