Blizzard knows about MXL?

Discuss Median XL!
mojoD
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just joined and donated..this looks like a great mod. Forgive me if this has need asked before, but I can’t help wondering about the elephant in the room. We all saw how brutal Blizzard was over the issue of classic WoW servers. This isn’t exactly the same, but they must be aware of it. Is there likely to be a problem? I hope not...
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As far as I know, as long as the servers aren't hosted in the US, there's absolutely no problem. At least that was the common knowledge back when Median was on D2maniacs server. We were able to host servers in Germany because of that.

I'm pretty sure that Blizzard knows very well about Median, since one of the designers of D3 claimed that they loved playing Median and that they were somehow inspired by it, even though that's quite an insult. Anyway, one of the devs of MXL mentioned that they were collaborating with blizzard at some point. Since I doubt that there will be something big revealed, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard didn't just give whist the sourcecode of D2, I assume they only asked Blizzard to use the Malthael scene for their Sigma trailer and that the collaboration stops at this point already. Either way: Blizzard knows very well about this mod and it doesn't look like they have taken any steps to shut down Median so far. And it's pretty unlikely that they will do something, considering that they would only lose the last few of their hardcore Diablo fans that way.

The interview:
► Show Spoiler

Source: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Median_XL

EDIT: Couldn't find the quote where they admitted they were colaborating with blizzard, but here's another quote where Marco denied anything big concerning that colaboration: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20294&p=190878#p190878