What are you starting next reset with?

Discuss Median XL!
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Dirtyredz wrote:Im still new to Median, ive been playing a trap rat druid, hoping to play that again since im familiar. However Ive always wanted to play an amazon.

Amazon spear is reall good for starting , good damage good defence and the uber skill paragon remove your lack of hp
Sarnith
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Yeah the patch notes I'm really looking forward to reading through as well - though I've been pouring over the screenshots posted in the Sigma thread.

For Barbarians I've surprisingly really enjoyed earthquake as a main ability. The range on it has been hilarious - if not comically large, and I've preferred it a great deal over Iron Spiral. That said, seeing already that stances can be bound to LMB is a big deal for me since I'd prefer the right clicks psuedo auto targeting when you hold it down. Sometimes there's just so much going on having to left click (even with shift held down) just doesn't cut it. That's just my opinion, but is what it is.

Either way, I'm super excited for the release - and it looks like a lot of new players like myself got drawn to Median for either the first time, or the first time in years based on posts I've seen in the threads lately. Big thanks to the devs for making such a great game even better, as well as congrats on your goals being realized with the release of a long term plan coming to fruition.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Where did you see stances can go on LMB?
Dirtyredz
Skeleton
2 | 0
How likely are the current good/best build will work or still be good/best in sigma?

I've been only playing this past few weeks tom familiarize myself with median. I am however concerned about wasting time researching trying out builds if sigma can throw that all out of the window.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Dirtyredz wrote:How likely are the current good/best build will work or still be good/best in sigma?

I've been only playing this past few weeks tom familiarize myself with median. I am however concerned about wasting time researching trying out builds if sigma can throw that all out of the window.

Hard to say. Major content patches usually alter the meta landscape, so don't be surprised if the current "best build(s)" get knocked down a peg or two.

That said, last I heard, most character skills were gonna remain pretty much the same (though some will get tweaked/reworked). So current working builds should still be fine for Sigma's initial release. And some builds that previously had severe limitations (e.g. Poison-based builds) will probably get a bump. End-game itemization is gonna be interesting, though. But if I had to guess, I'd say the devs are working more toward building up underused builds than tearing down current builds.

This is all just speculation, ofc.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Just play whatever gets buffed. And if that fails, just play totemnec, get ~20 charms, and then make a new char, while Transferring this charms over to your new char.

As for char‘s that I‘m pretty sure will get reworks: lazydin/ neutraldin and summoner necro. Stormzon will likely receive a better itemization. But yeah, that‘s all just speculation as solfege said.
JustinPeters
Sasquatch
66 | 1
Sarnith wrote:That said, seeing already that stances can be bound to LMB is a big deal for me

Proof please :shock:
Sarnith
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I'll look through 'em again and see if i can find it -- if I misunderstood something I am more than willing to open mouth and insert foot.
Sarnith
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Aero wrote:Where did you see stances can go on LMB?

JustinPeters wrote:
Sarnith wrote:I'll look through 'em again and see if i can find it -- if I misunderstood something I am more than willing to open mouth and insert foot.
proof please :shock:

Sarnith wrote:I'll look through 'em again and see if i can find it -- if I misunderstood something I am more than willing to open mouth and insert foot.

Alright so I looked over all the screenshots and posted sourcecode changes and did NOT find anything to prove my assumption. I apologize, and will continue to look over the Sigma threads as updates hit to see if it does change. Also, at worst when Sigma launches i'll just make a barb and test it myself.

Open mouth, inserting foot :(

Edit: That said, was checking out an Assassin guide on here (Natalya's 1.3) for throwing weapons later going to limpet laser and I've been loving it so far. Been an absolute blast to play.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If Necrominions get reworked, that.

Otherwise, Lightning Sorc. Always wanted to go pure Forked Lightning.