Discuss Median XL!
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I have a lot of confusion about it, I would like if someone explained to me how these sanctuaries work, the guides on the wiki are incomprehensible in some ways

I do not understand how to prepare a rare to receive the statistics of a sanctuary
Thank you
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you need sacred rare for craft (yellow)
you can use charsi to imbue from grey to yellow if the item does not have sockets.. you can remove sockets by cube with the Catalyst of Destruction:( kill Hephasto on Hatred difficulty ) and a rune

look here wut your crafts can get

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
BlackMagick
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
antonius wrote:I have a lot of confusion about it, I would like if someone explained to me how these sanctuaries work, the guides on the wiki are incomprehensible in some ways

I do not understand how to prepare a rare to receive the statistics of a sanctuary
Thank you

I'm confused by your question. I'm assuming you're talking about crafted items and how to use shrines on them correct? If so, all you need to have is a rare sacred item. If you cube that rare sacred item with a shrine, it will spawn with 2-3 preset modifiers based on whatever shrine you used with the rare sacred item. So if for instance you used an Abandoned Shrine on a bow, it would get the 3 two hand modifiers which are (36 to 170)% Bonus to Attack Rating, (6 to 12)% Bonus to Dexterity, and +(6 to 28) to Dexterity.

After it gets the preset modifiers it will also spawn with 4 additional affixes. For a list of what you can get in addition to those stats click on the link ninja posted. Make sure to filter out anything that can not spawn on your chosen weapon or armor of choice. There are some affixes that will only spawn on specific things such as helms, rings, weapons, etc...
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Here's how to use shrines

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):
i. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
ii. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = honorific item with shrine properties

Rare (Yellow) :
i. Catalyst of Destruction + Rune = Superior White item -->
ii. Superior White item + Oil of enhancement = blue item -->
iii. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
iv. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = Green honorific item with shrine properties

Sacred

Magic: Same as above
Rare:
i. Rare + Shrine #1 = Crafted Rare (Orange crafted items with properties of Shrine #1 + 4 random properties) -->
ii. Orange Crafted + Shrine #2 + arcane crystal = Orange Crafted rare with Properties of Shrine #1 + 4 Random Properties + Properties of Shrine #2
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Vikan wrote:Here's how to use shrines

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :
iii. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
iv. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = Green honorific item with shrine properties

Sacred

Rare:
i. Rare + Shrine #1 = Crafted Rare (Orange crafted items with properties of Shrine #1 + 4 random properties) -->
ii. Orange Crafted + Shrine #2 + arcane crystal = Orange Crafted rare with Properties of Shrine #1 + 4 Random Properties + Properties of Shrine #2

Ti voglio un sacco di bene <3 <3 <3 salverò la schermata :) grazie ancra di cuore
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :

Sacred

Rare:

Honorific gives 2x orb affects? From reading, so does any crafted item from a Shrine. So is there a benefit to using Honorific items with Shrine? Do you get 2x + 2x orb affects with a Honorific plus Shrine crafted item?
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
PitStains wrote:

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :

Sacred

Rare:

Honorific gives 2x orb affects? From reading, so does any crafted item from a Shrine. So is there a benefit to using Honorific items with Shrine? Do you get 2x + 2x orb affects with a Honorific plus Shrine crafted item?

Fyi. with Sigma crafted items no longer receive 2x orb bonus.

But to answer your question, the reason you want to use honorific items is because they have very low required levels(around 30). Crafted items can start out as high as 90 required levels so you can't fit as many orbs without exceeding your current level.
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vikan wrote:
PitStains wrote:

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :

Sacred

Rare:

Fyi. with Sigma crafted items no longer receive 2x orb bonus.

But to answer your question, the reason you want to use honorific items is because they have very low required levels(around 30). Crafted items can start out as high as 90 required levels so you can't fit as many orbs without exceeding your current level.

Thank you, that answered my question perfectly. Very helpful information; should be included on the docs.
Velico
Destroyer
7 | 0
PitStains wrote:Magic (Blue):

I tried to combine an honorific with shrine and arcane crystal and it didn't do anything. I tried with 2 arcane and it got two modifiers (the fire pierce one). I don't get the point of honorific items, they seem like a waste of resources. Am I missing something?
Molondo
Dark Huntress
10 | 0

Doesn't work for me