So about that K3K

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This place is a shit show. Just spent an hour beating my face into skeletons, trying to lay Thorn Wall down on these totems. After many deaths and loooooong after I lost all my gold, I managed to kill all 3 Necromancers and still didn't get the charm.

Hopefully something gets changed about this. It's not even fun it's just boring. Die, run back, die, run back, die, run back, die, run back. Why make enemies immune in the first place? And if that weren't bad enough, it's skeletons! It's like they're pissing right in your face. When it comes to trolling, these guys crank the dial all the way to 11.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Bagboy_Brown wrote:This place is a shit show. Just spent an hour beating my face into skeletons, trying to lay Thorn Wall down on these totems. After many deaths and loooooong after I lost all my gold, I managed to kill all 3 Necromancers and still didn't get the charm.

Hopefully something gets changed about this. It's not even fun it's just boring. Die, run back, die, run back, die, run back, die, run back. Why make enemies immune in the first place? And if that weren't bad enough, it's skeletons! It's like they're pissing right in your face. When it comes to trolling, these guys crank the dial all the way to 11.

K3K IS HARD for any range weapon-damage characters (without end-game gear). And easy for most melee build.

If you struggle that much with your Trap Rat, there is a cheap and effective way to kill totems:
-Hire Act2 Examplar, go to K3K, blink right at the totem (use a Pax Mysthica on swap), the Examplar will push all skelly back with his Retaliate nova. Totems down automatically. Proceed to next totem position. You don't need to heavily equip your merc to make this work, just basic gear and a fast attack speed weapon.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tranvanhieu wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:This place is a shit show. Just spent an hour beating my face into skeletons, trying to lay Thorn Wall down on these totems. After many deaths and loooooong after I lost all my gold, I managed to kill all 3 Necromancers and still didn't get the charm.

K3K IS HARD for any range weapon-damage characters (without end-game gear). And easy for most melee build.

If you struggle that much with your Trap Rat, there is a cheap and effective way to kill totems:
-Hire Act2 Examplar, go to K3K, blink right at the totem (use a Pax Mysthica on swap), the Examplar will push all skelly back with his Retaliate nova. Totems down automatically. Proceed to next totem position. You don't need to heavily equip your merc to make this work, just basic gear and a fast attack speed weapon.

Any idea where this "end-game" gear drops? Or what you're supposed to do about Necrobots in Fautz? This is where we're at. The Greater Runes I need to make better gear drop in Fautz. But I can't farm Fautz without better gear. Can't get the gear cuz ya don't have the gear to get the gear to get the gear to get the gear.

See the issue?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:

Any idea where this "end-game" gear drops? Or what you're supposed to do about Necrobots in Fautz? This is where we're at. The Greater Runes I need to make better gear drop in Fautz. But I can't farm Fautz without better gear. Can't get the gear cuz ya don't have the gear to get the gear to get the gear to get the gear.

See the issue?

you dont need to farm fauzt. you need charms more than anything if you are at level 120. You get most good gear out of making runewords and crafting.
After you have some charms and be able to farm lets say Tran athulua or Duncraig or fakin Dest nihlatak you are good to get farming those items. focus those charms first.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Endgame gears is just gears that give you best synergies with your current skillplan and playstyle.
Fauzt drop biased to shrine, taha, ghal, and qor rune. If those items are needed for your theorycraft then go farm there otherwise its wasting time.

In short, determine what item you think the best for your current skillplan and playstyle first.
My common farming area:
Set, high rune, jewel->k3k
SU->dest diablo, duncraig
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:

See the issue?

you dont need to farm fauzt. you need charms more than anything if you are at level 120. You get most good gear out of making runewords and crafting.
After you have some charms and be able to farm lets say Tran athulua or Duncraig or fakin Dest nihlatak you are good to get farming those items. focus those charms first.

Nithalak is a joke.
Duncraig is impossible
TA is.... well, I have that charm already, but they hit like a truck if they swarm you.

Some potato tried telling me Azmodan is an easy one. Not even close. Here's a list of the ones I have:

Optical Detector, Fool's Gold, Butcher's Tooth, Scroll of Kings, Sunstone of the Gods, Horazon's Focus, Laser Focus Crystal, Zakarum's Ear, Six Angel Bag, Worldstone Key

The ones I don't have are even harder than these. Note that Fool's Gold and Zakarum's Ear I got help with. I can't kill Prince Rodeo on Terror, let alone Destro.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
>Sees someone complaining about troll mobs in Median
>Realizes he's talking about K3K

Definitely do not do anything past K3K if that is enough for you to make a rage post.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thats why i love my start pala k3k/TA (unholy) farmer, Vessel+Magic-Phys spell dmg craft/high def/some max res, get the Bearstance O skill from Pala Tainted weapon RW and you can kill all the skells (totems protecting only the necros this way) with your PASSIVE Vessel skill because Bearstance breaks the phys Immunity of the skeletons (undead). Spam Slayer at the Necros, and use the teleport skill of the pala to escape/ re positioning.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Trap Rat is usually quite good for charm gathering in early stages. K3K is one of the areas that takes a little bit of thought (not bashing you at all, just trying to say a lot of ubers in this game are more than just walk in and spam attack). If you have summons or a merc, drop them in occasionally as you're walking to distract mobs briefly so you can properly target or move where you need to be. There may also be an issue of your gear being shit. You're at the transition point where damage and survivability falls off without upgrades to gear to be able to do the medium and starting hard charms. There are a lot of ubers coming up that aren't necessarily hard but may take a while. Azmodan, for example, is quite tanky for something like Trap Rat which hits a lot but at low-ish damage.

Tell us a list of your gear (ex: TU Blade, TU Splint Mail, Lo RW Druid Helmet, whatever you're using)
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Aero wrote:
Tell us a list of your gear (ex: TU Blade, TU Splint Mail, Lo RW Druid Helmet, whatever you're using)

Sacred Blade Ix RW, Sacred Wolf Head Lo RW, Sacred Quilted Armor Nih RW, Sacred Heavy Boots Ath RW, Crafted Shield, Sacred Light Belt (forget the rune), Sacred Heavy Gloves Pul RW, everything MOd with EWD or ED before the rune and also lucked w/ +1 DR. The crafted shield also has 5% DR and +1% ctb. Also +druid skills and its blessed with (whatever gives Dex. Sacred Shrine?). Also, everything has ber crafted jewels. Some with IAS, FHR, FR/W, etc. Res is capped w/ 85 fire. Over 250k def and 8k life. My damage says xxxx-1600 something, but I fire 80 quills per cast. My amulet is +3 skills with 1% ctc banish (and other mods) mu rings are +1 to skills rare and an earth rouser MOd w/ 500 def and reduced poison duration.

It's not like I'm running in there with blues and bitching because it's a lil difficult. It's the fact that u spend all this time and resources on this gear and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference and then the only somewhat helpful response you get is "that's why I like paladin" and "I hope they dont nerf light-zon so I can still do all content". If every class can't do all content, it's a bug that is not a feature.

I'm at work atm Aero, but if u wanna take a look at my gear when I get home I'm open for suggestions to make it better. I haven't tried a Gehenna RW yet, but I have tried a crafted blade with ctc flamefront (trying to get through fautz) and necrobots just die way too slow.

Other things that take time are that stupid Tree Protector thing in the jungle (by k3k). And I cant even touch destro baal and I barely hurt terror PBR.

Tl;dr

Playing an OP class like Paladin or Amazon isn't "skill".