Your Starting Char for Sigma Season (After Patch Notes)

Discuss Median XL!

Which char you Start Now

Barbarian
24%
Amazon
13%
Assasin
12%
Druid
12%
Paladin
15%
Necromancer
9%
Sorceress
14%

Total votes: 346

TheOnePos
Skeleton
3 | 0
I never played any Median mod and wanted a change of pace from PoE, so I am gonna give Median XL Sigma a go.

What would you vets would recommend me as a starter build that could let me discover the mod mechanisms and eventually reach the endgame ?
emski69
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Barbarian summoner is easy and strong. Check it out
TheOnePos
Skeleton
3 | 0
emski69 wrote:Barbarian summoner is easy and strong. Check it out

Thanks. I'll try to follow the Elder Shaman - Summon Barbarian guide with some adjustment for Sigma.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:
cowking wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Since nec summoner rework is still in the works... Amazon! Balefire will be nice now that resistances are removed.

Protip... no, it won't.

Based on what? It's like you're denying the fact that resistances are removed and Balefire will work better than before lol.

If a skill is completely overshadowed by it's competition due to poor mechanics, it doesn't suddenly turn good because mobs now have less resistance.

By the time your smaxed balefire bolt hits the opponent (and hopefully doesn't miss), magic missiles would have wiped the entire pack and then some (with one point).

By the time your balefire bolt has killed the initial target, blood storm would have killed everything non-FI within two screen radius. And this is without manual targeting in ubers where you have to pay attention and keep your mouse pointed to where you want to go.

Anything balefire can do as a dps skill, magic missiles does better. Higher resolution will only make this more obvious.

Unless sigma has new item affixes to speed the bolt by ~200% and/or make it pierce/rebound off walls, it will still be the worst dps skill in tree, and remain in utility role only. The only exception where it could be worth more than 1 point late game would be a single element magic bloodzon if the dps is high enough to offset absorb.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, we‘ll see about that. Honestly I only ever struggled with balefire because of immunities. Other than that it was better with 1 point than magic missiles smaxed. Baccnalia AOE to magic missiles not included. I get that magic missiles will have a bigger aoe now, and I‘m excited to see that change. However the amount of missiles wasz reduced. On slvl 40, mm used to have 15 missiles. Now it has 12, so that‘s a damage reduction of 20% and that increases only further the higher you go.

Either way, I‘ll try it out anyway. Maybe it works, maybe not. Still free 50% physical resist is not something I can ignore even if it‘s just bait :D

At the very worst case, it‘s a challenge :D
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Barb summoner or sorc or neutraldin .... if i manage to start Sigma under Linux or maybe in the virtual box :roll:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
TheOnePos wrote:I never played any Median mod and wanted a change of pace from PoE, so I am gonna give Median XL Sigma a go.

What would you vets would recommend me as a starter build that could let me discover the mod mechanisms and eventually reach the endgame ?

Well, most things are changed so much that we can‘t give a good answer. Items have been reworked, an classes have been readjusted. Add to that that every single Uber quest has been completely changed from scratch, and yeah... we can’t give a reliable answer. However: in 2017, the totemancer was really strong. And seeing how basically nothing was changed about that, except that lightning totem got a huge buff, you might want to try that out. Fire for aoe, cold for single target. Lightning will have a lot more aoe now, whereas the damage is probably still lacking. So either go fire/cold or fire/light or cold/light. It‘s your choice. With fire/cold you can‘t do anything wrong though.

Aside from that bowzon received a huge buff. You might want to go with that one. Or if you‘re into melee, barb is always a good choice.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
nobrainnopain wrote:Barb summoner or sorc or neutraldin .... if i manage to start Sigma under Linux or maybe in the virtual box :roll:

It's not looking good for Linux and Mac players. We've been discussing it here if you're interested:
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:Barb summoner or sorc or neutraldin .... if i manage to start Sigma under Linux or maybe in the virtual box :roll:

It's not looking good for Linux and Mac players. We've been discussing it here if you're interested:

:( :cry: but i will try ....
Zombiezach7
Prowler
16 | 3
Totem, summon NEC for life.