Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kraer wrote:

You were. I asked for some advice since I've never played a Paladin here before, if it bothers you, don't respond. Instead you decided to tell me I was being a begging whiner asking for handouts.

I feel like you're having a bad day and decided to take it out on me. It's not like I came in here saying "Yo, everybody look at me, I demand a 10 page guide on exactly what to do."

I politely asked for any advice on how the character is/was played, but no man, you have to just be a shitlord for no reason.

I responded as necessary. not to be negative. just give it time for docs so items can be suggested like I said earlier, and chuck as well.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Kraer wrote:I've always wanted to play Paladin, but never got around to it. The hype around Neutraldin has gotten me really excited to try it out.

After reading the patch notes, do you guys have any suggestions on leveling one, and a mid/end-game build/items to look for etc?

Thanks very much for reading, this is going to be a blast!

It's really hard to say because lazydins in Median xl ultimative had good damage from VoR AND got good defense and life from other passives like tainted blood, terror strike, stormlord. In m2017 Lazydin was dead because of no damage. This paladin in sigma will get good damage but no defense, no life, nothing, so I assume it's going to be extremely squishy. Maybe there will be some SU for paladin that give some defense oskils or something. Normally I would say to invest in vitality but without stormlord that's going to be really hard because you will need points in str to wear gear. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Let's not mistake the neutraldin with some vesseldin . They are not the same thing. The neutraldin was always neutral since i have put it togather in 2010 up until this day. Also , the lazydin builds are still fine in m2017 . What are you talking about ? If evil potato's unholy vesseldin was dead , then all of a sudden the other builds using vessels are dead too ? Lol

And since when 1000 all atributes + blessed life + summons + an outstanding army of reanimates =squishy ?

Yes , in Sigma we no longer have so many "all atributes" but the boost duration is 20 seconds...
Kraer
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mill3nia wrote:
Kraer wrote:
Aero wrote:I wasn't being a douche. I was just telling you how it's going to be. How can you expect a guide or suggestions when nearly every item was reworked and, no one has had access to the game to write a guide besides the testers who were preoccupied with testing the game, and the "neutral" tree is a brand new build? vesseldins in the past were built as unholy caster spec. what do you expect to hear back?

when the item docs are released, maybe then I could help give suggestions, but that may not be til release time, who knows

You were. I asked for some advice since I've never played a Paladin here before, if it bothers you, don't respond. Instead you decided to tell me I was being a begging whiner asking for handouts.

I feel like you're having a bad day and decided to take it out on me. It's not like I came in here saying "Yo, everybody look at me, I demand a 10 page guide on exactly what to do."

I politely asked for any advice on how the character is/was played, but no man, you have to just be a shitlord for no reason.

honestly only person out of line is you, I don't see anything negative he had to say. he flat out said that nobody knows all the details and that it'd be impossible to provide a full fledged guide. he was being helpful.

I simply and politely asked for advice and wanted to talk about Neutraldins, and he accused me of "Begging for someone to hold my hand" instead of doing it myself. That's an extremely rude statement and not helpful at all especially considering I wasn't even doing that. I was asking for advice on how it's played and what to look for, I wasn't "demanding" anything of anyone. I'm not sure how you missed that sleight, maybe because it wasn't directed at you.

For the record I'm not too butthurt about it, but I'm more than happy to make him feel like shit for it. I came in with a smile on my face excited for the patch and the first thing he decides to do is call me a choosing beggar. So I don't feel out of line at all.
Edited by Kraer 5 years.
Kraer
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:Let's not mistake the neutraldin with some vesseldin . They are not the same thing. The neutraldin was always neutral since i have put it togather in 2010 up until this day. Also , the lazydin builds are still fine in m2017 . What are you talking about ? If evil potato's unholy vesseldin was dead , then all of a sudden the other builds using vessels are dead too ? Lol

And since when 1000 all atributes + blessed life + summons + an outstanding army of reanimates =squishy ?

Yes , in Sigma we no longer have so many "all atributes" but the boost duration is 20 seconds...

Ah thanks this is what I was wondering, if they were going to just be Lazydins with more damage. I'm not 100% sure how the mechanics work currently, this sheds a bit of light thanks!
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
TL:DR Always assume good intend from someone trying to help

Let's assume that Aero had good intention when he said that.
Considering that nobody has access to Sigma right now, him stating that you should experience by yourself can easily mean that it will be more rewarding for you to try it first hand when the game lauch rather than waiting for a guide to show up.

Also if someone give you that kind of answer you should assume that they are trying to help you even if their answer is more direct that what you wanted, not everyone is going to be on the same scale as you in term of ''politeness'' and ''agreeableness'' (sorry if I go too deep in term of personality and BIg 5 (yes you can check it)).
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It depends on how you want to play them. You could pick some spell oskill and play it as a caster , you can just walk trough crowds spreading damage and waiting for mobs to die -lazydin - , or you can also take a melee approach for it as there are enough oskills to cover that playstyle too.
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Welp, if there is no deadfall belt, it can't be a good build.
Kraer
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SirJean wrote:TL:DR Always assume good intend from someone trying to help

Let's assume that Aero had good intention when he said that.
Considering that nobody has access to Sigma right now, him stating that you should experience by yourself can easily mean that it will be more rewarding for you to try it first hand when the game lauch rather than waiting for a guide to show up.

Also if someone give you that kind of answer you should assume that they are trying to help you even if their answer is more direct that what you wanted, not everyone is going to be on the same scale as you in term of ''politeness'' and ''agreeableness'' (sorry if I go too deep in term of personality and BIg 5 (yes you can check it)).

Come on man, he told me to stop demanding for someone to hold my hand...Look at some of the actual responses to my original post, THOSE are very helpful, like ChuckNoRis and tempmail. Are people not allowed to think based on theory? There are people in this community that have been playing a long time and I value their opinions.

I didn't see anybody talking about Neutraldin outside of saying "Ima play it" so I decided to make a thread to discuss it, and for others that are interested to maybe get a leg-up on how the class is played so we can prepare, since preparing for something can be just as fun as actually doing it. We have 2 days and I wanted to spend some time theorycrafting and asking advice..

I feel like this is just a witch hunt, some guy accused me of being a hand-holdy baby demanding a guide, and 3 different people are defending it just because he has a lot of upvotes and crap...Face it, that was an asshole thing to say. The message could clearly have been said as:
"I suggest you just wait until it launches, since everything has changed" But he decided to add Don't expect people to hold your hand and do it yourself you worthless beggar!.....
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the guide comment was directed at ninja spandex anyways because he told you to follow a guide, so please don't take my words out of context. im not being aggressive, just saying what everyone else is saying but apparently in a more blunt manner. you can't take what mxl17 and previous have been and immediately translate into mxl sigma because they're different games. we only know what we've been given so far.

the point remains though that we can't suggest anything without know what items are even available. if you want your skillplan, I would assume you're investing in both vessels and passives with demiurge for stats like chuck has done for a long time on his build. for gear, you could probably guess some uniques from mxl 17 but that doesn't mean they're going to be the same or even exist in sigma