Scrollwheel not available for hotkey use?

Discuss Median XL!
SparrowKane
Fallen
1 | 0
I know with regular D2 you can change the exe to XP Service Pack 2 in compatibility in the properties, but with the Median launcher, the farthest you can roll back to is Vista, and the scroll wheel doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Perhaps a key code for scroll wheel up and scroll wheel down to manually change the hotkeys in the .json files?
DirectOrder
Skeleton
3 | 0
Yeah I'd really like to bind to the mouse wheel as well.

Also, the keybinds seems a bit bugged. I unbound ALT from show items, and now it won't let me rebind it. It won't let me bind ALT at all. Also, I rebound "E" to stand still instead of Shift, and it took it (the keybind screen shows it set to E), but in the game E does nothing and Shift still works as the stand still key...
Edited by DirectOrder 5 years.
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Binding keys and mouse wheel missing should've been easily caught with proper beta testers.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
when i set my skills with the F1-2-3-4 etc i can use the mouse wheel to scroll thru them without problem.
InquisitorChan
Destroyer
7 | 0
Worked for me when i launched Median Launcher with admin privileges.
dheisman
Imp
4 | 0
I have the same problem with unbinding ALT, won't let me rebind. Is there any way to fix this? Or somehow permanently show items?
vulpine
Skeleton
3 | 0
InquisitorChan wrote:Worked for me when i launched Median Launcher with admin privileges.

Which OS are you running?
Which revision of D2 base did you start with? (1.13c, 1.14d, etc...)
Was it a clean install for Sigma, or an update to a previously configured session?
Do you see any hotkey info in your C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\launcher\settings.json?

I'm on Win7 and a clean 1.13c install. No combination of compatibility modes for Median XL Launcher.exe, Diablo II.exe, or Game.exe will allow me to assign the mouse wheel to skill change. When attempting to from the in-game preferences screen, I hear the sound effect to indicate that it "saw" me attempt to set the wheel, but the dialog box for setting a hotkey never goes away, and the wheel does not chance skills after. I've heard people mention toggling some things in their settings.json, but mine appears to contain only 18 lines, all related to the LAUNCHER. None to the in-game behavior itself.
ATLien
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I can't bind the Mousewheel click "Mouse 3" on a specific Skill
Nomura89
Skeleton
2 | 0
Seems like many others, I'm also having trouble binding the scroll wheel. I'll be the first to admit I'm not terribly computer savvy... But, I've tried changing the compatibility in the properties of the launcher as someone suggested, to no avail. Is this just a bug that needs to be fixed? I'm running windows 8
killgold
Fallen
1 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have the same problem, also can her the mousewheel sound ingame. Is there a solution by now?