This mod is everything but diablo.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Mmeee
Imp
5 | 0
Honestly I was very sceptical when I saw the tailer, but the positive feedback got better of me so I gave it a try.

Now Im quite confused what exactly is this mod trying to be, because sometimes it implies its "median xl", but other times it almost claims to be diablo game. So if the median xl is indeed supposed to be its own game, but just ripping off diablo series flame and premade game, to use as base for their own... Well then I will just say that its a pathetic way to "make" games. If this however is supposed to be some kind of diablo game... Then I got lot more to say!

First few minutes spent with the game (menus included) already make it pretty clear that modders are just modders, not game developers. We can already see that the atmosphere is completely ruined pretty much everywhere we look. Tons of changes that has no meaning or reason, adding nothing of value, just destroying polished professional game design.

First is the mainmenu, out of nowhere we have next generation animation playing in the menus and the textures of everything has changed to much worse, what purpose does this have? Diablo 2 had literally perfect menu already, more so if compared to this random mix of 2 generations of visuals.

Second big thing... Rogue encampment, why did you change this too? It didint add anything of value again, only broke one of most nostalgic scenes in gaming history.

This list just grows everywhere we look, every carefully builded environment is ruined with completely random enemies that has no business being there, they are literally just as easy as the regular enemies of zones, making no differences to gameplay, only destroying the graphical balance of game, I mean wtf... We even have some horrible new models (random mushrooms and ugly ass parody pope cultists etc). And why does everything have to come with colors of rainbow and lighting effects that are like new years eve.

But lets move on from the once amazing athmosphere. Lets talk about the class remakes. Again, all good things, poof, gone. Not improved and expanded upon, just removed and replaced with what looks like 15years old kids idea of adding every random thing that they can even remotely link to the class and which they think to be cool, leaving us with necromancer sharpshootter scytheninja tribe shaman whatever bullshit that class is supposed to be... Again, only good thing in this is that it has the model of necro and can still somewhat be the zooafker that I always loved, except I dont rise skeletons but purple gorillas and midgets led by skeleton king who summons wierd as rapist thingies. So yeah, pretty speechless.

Lets talk about items. My character gains like 50hp per level or something crazy, but the new rare ring I just looted adds +6 hp, what a joy of discovery. Also 5 minutes in the game, wild unique armor appears with 2000 defence. Also everyone and their mother drops blue #blueisthenewwhite. So after giving my unique armor of godlikehack to merc (who surprisingly was not turned to dwarf who farts, but was the original except this time it was nicely imoroved and expanded unlike everything else), I realised that I walked to act2 with lvl1 shop gear without losing any of my 1500hp (+6 from my rare ring). Idk what was protecting me from the invasion of black knights and whatnot, but it sure as hell wasnt anything itemrelated. I mean who wants to optimize gear in arpg right? Also, the cool context of discovering runewords was changed to 1 rune gives demigodpowers so not really runewords anymore, also heres a list of all the runes #fuckcommunitydiscovering. Aaand your best item now sells for 3 gold. Aaaand dungeon gold chests drop normal diablo 2 rarities aka 2 magic items. Just like every monster.

And the ui. Why just why. Again, 90% of textures replaced with trashtier art, including your characters face.

I obviously didint play long enough to truly enjoy the amazing promised lategame content (Im sure its just as good as everything in this masterpiece that is so much better than diablo 3), but thats because I came to play diablo, not this, whatever the hell this is.
etern1ty
Imp
4 | 0
3/10 effort shit post
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Nou
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Mmeee wrote:Now Im quite confused what exactly is this mod trying to be, because sometimes it implies its "median xl", but other times it almost claims to be diablo game. So if the median xl is indeed supposed to be its own game, but just ripping off diablo series flame and premade game, to use as base for their own... Well then I will just say that its a pathetic way to "make" games. If this however is supposed to be some kind of diablo game... Then I got lot more to say!

Just reading this at the very beginning I'm already not sure you know what a mod is or the designation stands for.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Holy shit dude, what did you expect from the d2 mod? Where did you saw or who promised you that Sigma is supposed to be a d2 successor? You are trying to find the vanilla d2 in a different game and whining when you can't find it there.
Mmeee
Imp
5 | 0
The only truly good parts and what can be called diablo stylish, are those that they didint or couldnt mod. Literally 85% of modding just made the game feel unpolished random piece of shit made by bunch of kids with no understanding what really made diablo the masterpiece it used to be. Now if we can forget about all the rape that happened here and just look at the mod as not diablo related game, what we have left is crappy playing(by modern standards) , lagging (US servers) and artistically horrifying experience of diablolike game. But for the love of god, do not try to say this has anything to do with the masterpiece that diablo 2 was.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mmeee wrote:..with no understanding what really made diablo the masterpiece it used to be.

Let me reassure you, you don't understand that either way :coolstorybob:
Mmeee
Imp
5 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
Mmeee wrote:Now Im quite confused what exactly is this mod trying to be, because sometimes it implies its "median xl", but other times it almost claims to be diablo game. So if the median xl is indeed supposed to be its own game, but just ripping off diablo series flame and premade game, to use as base for their own... Well then I will just say that its a pathetic way to "make" games. If this however is supposed to be some kind of diablo game... Then I got lot more to say!

Just reading this at the very beginning I'm already not sure you know what a mod is or the designation stands for.

They advertise as improved diablo 2, while naming their mod as game called median xl. They are not sticking to calling themselves JUST A MOD.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Median XL Team Member
:drama:
Mmeee
Imp
5 | 0
SwineFlu wrote:
Mmeee wrote:..with no understanding what really made diablo the masterpiece it used to be.

Let me reassure you, you don't understand that either way :coolstorybob:

Nice meme