Visual and Mechanical changes

Discuss Median XL!
Enigma_
Imp
5 | 0
I don't understand why the game's visuals needed to be changed so drastically.

The login screen looks like a low quality jpg with a gif playing in the background.
The buttons in the menu look cartoony.

The icons in-game on the bottom action bar are tiny compared to the bar.

The games resolution has been increase, making the game look incredibly zoomed out, while losing the ability to maximise the client window (previously it stretched the graphics, but it looked fine). So now it's this tiny character and window that cannot be enlarged.

Again, icons etc are way to small. When you open the inventory the gear slots have so much empty space around them, while the inventory looks small and cramped.

Hold to run is straight up terrible. Already seen plenty of posts on this. I started a new character, walking is stupidly slow at the beginning. If anything the new system at the start of the game is worse/slower than vanilla.

You cannot bind multiple keys to an action, this was possible in vanilla and previous Median version.

The removal of portal scrolls means you cannot create portals from potion slots. In very rippy areas when you're trying to get to the boss...including areas where monsters are immortal... this makes things very complicated; especially for characters that have auras, like a Barb's stances. You have to turn off your stance to open a portal.

In single player, the removal of Pluggy means no shared stash.
This pretty much kills the experience of single player, the reason why people used Plugy was for the stash and shared stash to make single player fun and bearable. I read that more stash tabs will added, however no mention of shared.

Without shared stashes I either have to throw away all gear I find for other characters, or go through a dodgy process of opening two games and making a public game etc ...

What was the point of this update again?
Enigma_
Imp
5 | 0
In the background is Vanilla d2 windowed mode maximised.

Trying to do the same in current version of Median XL does this:

The combination of tiny window + zoomed out view is just... unbearable.
Nagumo
Destroyer
7 | 0
No shared stash is really weard thing to do. I'm a SP Player only and this way i don't see how to get the real shit with the right char at the right moment :)
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Enigma_ wrote:What was the point of this update again?

Why don't you keep playing the previous version? I can upload it to mediafire if you want.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
all you need to do is make the window bigger in glide settings
Enigma_
Imp
5 | 0
cowking wrote:
Enigma_ wrote:What was the point of this update again?

Why don't you keep playing the previous version? I can upload it to mediafire if you want.

That wasn't what I was getting at.
I was questioning why make things look and feel worse.

Gekko64 wrote:all you need to do is make the window bigger in glide settings

I'm new to Median Xl, I have no idea what that is.
I will look into it now, but... Why break a vanilla feature and turn something simple..like make the window bigger... complicated.

Edit I just followed Aerial's guide and its blinking and shit.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Enigma_ wrote:Edit I just followed Aerial's guide and its blinking and shit.

If you're experiencing problems with a blinking/flickering HUD/UI, try disabling WGL_ARB_render_texture in your GlideFX settings.
Enigma_
Imp
5 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
Enigma_ wrote:Edit I just followed Aerial's guide and its blinking and shit.

If you're experiencing problems with a blinking/flickering HUD/UI, try disabling WGL_ARB_render_texture in your GlideFX settings.

I kept messing with settings now the game doesn't even load xd
I'll try it once i figure out what I messed up.
Enigma_
Imp
5 | 0
I set glider settings to default and reset my computer.
It still doesn't run the game.
Thanks for bricking my game guys.
I might go try Path of Diablo instead.