but why did you remove the automatic run?

Discuss Median XL!
raijint94
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:When you run, your defense is set to 0 and your block rate is only 1/3 as effective. In order to prevent newbies from encountering that, the auto run feature was removed.

Oh my god somehow I thought this was removed from Median XL sin war last year. No wonder I my crazy armor-stacked melee necro kept on dying when I rush into mobs. Good to know! XD
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm happy to risk my life just to go faster. I have been playing at d2 for 20 years and I sincerely find this change very limiting and very frustrating for those who play. I'm used to making fast farms, so it's impossible. I hope it will be changed soon because I am not playing because of this
Colius
Imp
5 | 0
You can push CTRL button(or another button when changed) to running manuelly (its also better cause of 0 defence etc.).
Autorun is so dangerous & not nesseray at later stages. ;-|
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
antonius wrote:Why did they do this horrible thing? It is unplayable and makes everything slower. Please restore the automatic run

i got a question to u guys...
did they rly caused the characters r *walking* all the time, like in diablo 1?
im just curious...
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
THE only place where you really need run and def does not matter, is Valthek yberquest.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Ruubel wrote:THE only place where you really need run and def does not matter, is Valthek yberquest.

Fucking rubbish.

Casters and especially low def gear casters rely on mobility more than def. having 30-50k def means jack shit. I´ll take the mobility over it any day of the week. Being able to constantly run is 1000x safer than walking with def. That aside though, there is this skill called Ecstatic Frenzy.... Wonder if they even thought about that when they designed this clusterfuck of a system -.-
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Are you serious, guys? With all this new changes do you really think it's impossible or even hard to remove defense & block penalty while running? You might like this change or not, but stop spreading this misinformation regarding the old run mechanics. Why are you always bringing this point as a valid argument? It was reasonable prior to MXL17 because there was no code edits involved in the mod, but since then it's not.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
darkstorm wrote:
antonius wrote:Why did they do this horrible thing? It is unplayable and makes everything slower. Please restore the automatic run

im just curious...

I liked how it was set on the median, it was fine and did not bother to go back and forth between a seller and the other ... now everything is slower, stuff for kids in my opinion
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
antonius wrote:
darkstorm wrote:

im just curious...

I liked how it was set on the median, it was fine and did not bother to go back and forth between a seller and the other ... now everything is slower, stuff for kids in my opinion

can u implement any video plz? :bounce:
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
Mouse 5 is toggle run/walk... well... Do you guys nOt hAve mOUsE5?