but why did you remove the automatic run?

Discuss Median XL!
BlackMagick
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I absolutely hate this change. My favorite class is bowazon and the survival rate was already crap without this nerf. Now we literally stand no chance against mobs. It would be one thing if they nerfed the mobs speed too, but they run in insanely quick from off screen while I am trying my best to kite them with the limited mobility I have. I don't think I will be playing too much sigma because of this change. Unless they change the way the estatic frenzy skill works, because you can not have 0 defense and be forced to walk. You will not survive.

Honestly the hand holding crap is getting a little overboard. People didn't know that they weren't supposed to be in areas if they are getting one shotted and see a mob immune to everything? So what, they're dumb. Who honestly forgets to use the run toggle, and was it that big of a complaint that it had to be changed?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Press ctrl while moving to sprint.
nonsense
Fallen
1 | 0
Median XL 2017

Median XL Sigma
Donnyv93
Fallen
1 | 0
I have a Logitech mouse with extra buttons on the side and one of them toggles run/walk already binded to that button.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
well I understand, I have to change the mouse because I do not have additional keys ... I hope they solve this problem soon that everyone is complaining about
BlackMagick
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Istaryu wrote:Press ctrl while moving to sprint.

It's not just the fact that you have to press a button to sprint. I could easily live with that, even though I think it's a little silly to require just because a few idiots forget to use the toggle. The thing I am most pissed off about is the fact that sprint in general runs out way too quickly. They're trying to make stamina seem more "important", but what they ended up doing was slowing down player movement and kneecapping mobility based builds such as the bowazon. It makes no sense to slow down player movement and keep the monsters moving at the same pace they did before Sigma. I feel this change had less to do with the run toggle and more to do with the fact that some idiots didn't "like" the run animation.
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Just wanted to point out that running DOES NOT set you def to 0. IT BYPASSES THE TO HIT CHECK ALTOGETHER. That means that if a wdm pixel touches you, you get hit. Which is at minimum 5% worse than having a def of 0 and walking. At minimum because AR vs Def isn't the only part of the to hit equation, there is also Clvl vs Mlvl.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I miss auto run so much that it hurts
Hisoka
Skeleton
2 | 0
OMG. Is this really the case? You can't toggle run?????? I thought movement looked weird in the trailer. This saddens me deeply. It would seem the philosophy of this whole project is to give players MORE options - not limiting the things they can do.

For me it is a matter of taste. I am not a power player. I wont top any ladder. I don't need to be the best, most efficient. I have played D2 since release and I always run cos it looks and feels better. I don't care if walking is better in certain situations, I have made it through the game a gazillion times without ever knowing this. I play for fun! I wanna run! Why would someone take that away? I really don't understand this mentality.

It looks ridiculous!? I was so excited to get into the Median community, but this is actually a deal breaker for me. After all, you see your character ALL THE TIME in game. And I don't want my guy walking around on the battle field like it's some Sunday stroll. What an insane proposition.

I beg you. Please, please let us run. Or at least change the animation. I'm serious. I really can't stand the war-walking.

/Sad but hopeful D2:LOD-player <3
Edited by Hisoka 5 years.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I thought this thread was dead :(

You can run, and you walk much faster than you do in vanilla anyway...