but why did you remove the automatic run?

Discuss Median XL!
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why did they do this horrible thing? It is unplayable and makes everything slower. Please restore the automatic run
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
When you run, your defense is set to 0 and your block rate is only 1/3 as effective. In order to prevent newbies from encountering that, the auto run feature was removed.
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah, but it makes no sense while playing bowzon (ecstatic frenzy) or caster sin (tiefling form), then it slows you down and is really annoying
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not only does it make everything slower but also annoying, they could leave the walk button and a person could decide whether to risk running or walking, so it seems very limiting to the buid farm
cero01
Fallen
1 | 0
This change made me cant rush the game :hammer: :hammer: :wall: give the automatic run back plz !!!
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cero01 wrote:This change made me cant rush the game :hammer: :hammer: :wall: give the automatic run back plz !!!

idem
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
cero01 wrote:This change made me cant rush the game :hammer: :hammer: :wall: give the automatic run back plz !!!

+1 vote

also : the runwalk could be changed perfectly before, by just pressing 'r'

now you have to hold the button allday, to run faster,

i can understand for lategame, its best to walking, because you have full defense bonus and blockchance isnt reduced, but for lvling process its annoying slow.... :!:
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
maybe at least auto run inside town?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can fix defense and block penalty while you're running with code edits, on the other hand it's not that simple to modify the entire waking animation sequence for every class in the game, that would require to redraw these sprites from scratch I'm assuming. It doesn't matter how well one can adjust that d2 stamina mechanic, so it won't be completely useless, if you need to stick with this awful animation in exchange.
Ryuthedragon
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I've been a big MXL 2017 player and I was really hyped by Sigma but I have to agree with this one it just kills me how the game is slowed by this one feature. Just putting a note about it in your inventory would have been enough.