Median XL 1.13-1.14 VS Sigma... Is it really better?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
D24Ever wrote:I stopped playing when they removed the ability to respect chars. I would gladly go back to median 2 years ago than play this.

But that has never been removed.
Jimmy87
Imp
5 | 0
"""dead mechanisc, level grinding, quest lock , getting throw out of my game all the time, no CB against bosses '(seriously???) cb is useless now , no double mo bonus for crafts (seriously???) crafts are useless now .. is just some of the anoying sigma features... so many years of median xl balancing down the drain..."""

THIS!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I go with scourge. Til level 24 I used a holy melee build, and kept using retaliation and plague in order to get further. And an act 1 merc. With colloseum I head right into the core of enemies, while poisoning 80% of the screen. Then my scourges use their skill. All act bosses dropped within 1 second so far, except diablo who took 3 seconds, and Andy, but I didn‘t have my summons at that point yet.
And of course the rest of the points are put into the defense buff. Maybe I‘ll make a guide about that build later.

Thnx for reminding to me this build: tried something similar at the previous version but was abandoned: poison res enemies and overall poison as weaker than elemetal dmg and there was no ingame buff and debuff markers, now I can see clearly what is active, what not and guessing at the heat of the battle auras was the last thing I needed (solar flare retaliate combo was really important).
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
onanism wrote:
Pub wrote:I can care less about negative feedback. Most of it has been subjective because the game is catered to a persons convenience so ive ignored that garbage but some people have given fair constructive criticis.

Makes no difference whether you personally care or not. Either make a counter argument or move on, cause you're calling people's opinions garbage while your posts aren't any better.

I refuse to acknowledge garbage.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
vulpine wrote:
Primarch wrote:Also, configuring glide with full-screen borderless window was a complete game changer.

Were you able to get 16:9 without stretching? I've got pseudo full-screen vertically scaled 768p with black bars on the sides. I'd love to lose the bars without horizontal stretching.

I'd like to know this too.

Actually I'd settle for knowing his settings even if it is stretched. I sort of got it working stretched but it jumps back when I enter/leave a game. And just loooks the same as pre-Sigma tbh apart from that :(

P.S. I tried the borderless window tool but it doesn't even run on my PC so I'm only using Glide settings.
Time04
Fallen
1 | 0
:hammer: those proc nerf and some SU remove was bad for me tbh but anything else is good.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
RandomOnions wrote:I can't honestly believe people prefer the "beating all ubers in 2 days" ladders and then grinding TA/dunkeg/trophies/golden cycle for 6 months to sell for TG so they can get shrines faster next ladder. When did people stop playing for fun? It's an RPG, if you want to beat the game in 2 days with honorifics and using 1-2 shrines to craft your entire gear then play pre 2017 or play RoS. I really like where sigma has taken it and you actually have to play the mod now, not rush ubers and exploiting bugs/overpowered skills and mechanics to get stuff done.

I don't like deathless laz though, that's just rude.

I never liked the shrine crafting because it seemed way too complicated to get into back when i played a few years back, are shrine crafts still the best gear you can get? would prefer if it was boss drops :D
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Suggest removing the difference in damage between run/walk. Then make run the default.

Then maybe remove walk altogether - or maybe just let the player decide if he finds any reason to walk.

Walking just slows the game down and adds nothing to the fun imo - and it is an action RPG!
Unbreakable
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Level restrictions with the slow af level grind is horse manure.
Area lock out is also a big pile of donkey poo.
.1/10 rating on these changes.
Everything else is fine//////
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Grasshopper wrote:Suggest removing the difference in damage between run/walk. Then make run the default.

Then maybe remove walk altogether - or maybe just let the player decide if he finds any reason to walk.

Walking just slows the game down and adds nothing to the fun imo - and it is an action RPG!

Ill just take the time to say this.

UNFORTUNATELY, the running in d2 is so hardcoded into the game that its much more difficult for the devs to just remove the 0 defence when running.

On top of that, the previous patch speeds of characters was something Marco didnt like. It makes ubers like kingdom of shadows dumb cause you run faster then the zombies for example.