Median XL 1.13-1.14 VS Sigma... Is it really better?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RandomOnions wrote:I can't honestly believe people prefer the "beating all ubers in 2 days" ladders and then grinding TA/dunkeg/trophies/golden cycle for 6 months to sell for TG so they can get shrines faster next ladder. When did people stop playing for fun? It's an RPG, if you want to beat the game in 2 days with honorifics and using 1-2 shrines to craft your entire gear then play pre 2017 or play RoS. I really like where sigma has taken it and you actually have to play the mod now, not rush ubers and exploiting bugs/overpowered skills and mechanics to get stuff done.

I don't like deathless laz though, that's just rude.

And now we have to farm few charms, grind 1 month, farm another few charms and again farm 3 months to reach 135 to enter Samael. No thanks. And believe me soon you will see again afk barb farming Laz.
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Personal feelings aside the problem with the level gating is that it's poorly balanced. Start of act 4 is alvl 107 and Throne is alvl 110. There's basically no progression through all of act 4/5 and still no motivation against running past everything as usual. Then your only real options are IotSS -> cows over and over until 115 (which is a boring level with intentional trash drops).

After 115 it's not so bad because you have options and it's not like I wasn't going to do a billion TA/Dunc/trophy runs anyway, but the gap before that is really tedious.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Profanity wrote:People are lazy

Thread in a nutshell.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nikolaipka wrote:
RandomOnions wrote:I can't honestly believe people prefer the "beating all ubers in 2 days" ladders and then grinding TA/dunkeg/trophies/golden cycle for 6 months to sell for TG so they can get shrines faster next ladder. When did people stop playing for fun? It's an RPG, if you want to beat the game in 2 days with honorifics and using 1-2 shrines to craft your entire gear then play pre 2017 or play RoS. I really like where sigma has taken it and you actually have to play the mod now, not rush ubers and exploiting bugs/overpowered skills and mechanics to get stuff done.

And now we have to farm few charms, grind 1 month, farm another few charms and again farm 3 months to reach 135 to enter Samael. No thanks. And believe me soon you will see again afk barb farming Laz.

Months? Have you seen the leaderboard 3 days in?

I do think the xp in hell is a bit low, went from 100-106 from act1-5 but sunless sea got me some xp so it's fine.

You're complaining for the exact things I listed.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Saying it‘s Months is a bit ridiculous. Iotss needs 3 runs to get you from 105–> 110. and I mean full clears. That‘s enough to get at least one sunless crystal bird, so it‘s really fine. Cows give 1 Level per run. Maybe you also do ancients in that time, and go clear torajan jungles once like I do and you only need 3 cow runs to get to 115. so that‘s not really bad.

What I find bad though is the difference between cow and torajan jungles. 2 Full clears gave me merely 1,5 levels which I find too low for such a huge area. Plus it Takes a lot of Time thanks to forest keepers. And soon I have to go there again for another charm. And soon after that again... that is what annoys me. Aside from that I don‘t mind the level progression so far.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Im_a_ninja wrote:dead mechanisc, level grinding, quest lock , getting throw out of my game all the time, no CB against bosses '(seriously???) cb is useless now , no double mo bonus for crafts (seriously???) crafts are useless now .. is just some of the anoying sigma features... so many years of median xl balancing down the drain...

oh yearh and the summon barb buff... f.... dat

Took the words right out of my mouth. And to make it all worse, try grinding that exp on single player where /players command is disabled. If that does not bake your noodles then I am sure a look at the SU list will do the trick. And Wtf is this shit with crafts? Suddenly crafting is meaningless. At least extend the MO count from 5 to 10. But hey, I am pretty sure it was done for "balancing reasons".

Besides what is really new in sigma? The resolution change (which was the "major cookie") made some skills actually worse to the point where I dont think they even tested them. It is the same old stuff shoved behind a level lock only worse. Immunities are not removed, bosses are more immune than ever because you can´t face them even if you are more than qualified to do so.

When they said "we wait you to experience it", I didn´t know that they literally meant Experience it.

And the sprint mechanic... Fuck me!
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
rustycz wrote:ppl are mad cuz they cant obtain all charms in 2 days? lel

Almost all charms have already been claimed. Which shows you how wrong the ideas implemented were and how much you´re missing the point.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
nikolaipka wrote:

Dafuq do you mean soon? It already probably is. Even I will certainly be doing it by tomorrow evening... Which tells you how freaking wrong this whole mentality is

Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You do realize the 132 dude is a wolf farming fauzt and bremm right, and that that build cant do ubers at all right.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Game got "harder," noobs got louder, my dick got harder.

We need more patches like this.