Median XL 1.13-1.14 VS Sigma... Is it really better?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Pub wrote:UNFORTUNATELY, the running in d2 is so hardcoded into the game that its much more difficult for the devs to just remove the 0 defence when running.

You have no idea what are you talking about. You can skim through this thread https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58689 and find the download link. Guess what you can find inside this archive? Surprise!

► Show Spoiler

Hope I don't need to tell who is the author of this thread...
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
SwineFlu wrote:
Pub wrote:UNFORTUNATELY, the running in d2 is so hardcoded into the game that its much more difficult for the devs to just remove the 0 defence when running.

You have no idea what are you talking about. You can skim through this thread https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58689 and find the download link. Guess what you can find inside this archive? Surprise!

► Show Spoiler

Hope I don't need to tell who is the author of this thread...

I stand corrected. Thank you.

E: It will bug me what I was thinking of though.
obsideo666
Imp
5 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks to everyone who commented and replied to my post. All the input has helped me decipher what the hell the devs were thinking. It has also helped me to look at a median in a new light. I'm willing to keep trying and make some new characters to further explore if i will like this Sigma release. But still my biggest dislike is the reduction in monster density. That bums me out :facepalm:
Malah
Skeleton
3 | 0
So far this patch is a giant middle finger to SP. No shared stash, level grinding is terrible and level requirements are worse, honorifics are worthless, rerolling is dead, and gold is miserable to try and accumulate. Too bad upgrading ate my 2017 patch so I guess I'm stuck waiting for more changes. There are some GREAT QoL changes at baseline and this is a good core to build up from, but damn is it going to be messy in the meantime.

Fuck everyone who's going "oh wah noobs don't want to actually play," I don't care about ladder! Enjoy your laggy servers!

HechtHeftig wrote:Image
Edited by Malah 5 years.
majinvegito123
Thunder Beetle
51 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Honestly, I love this Mod. But it blows my mind that shared stashes were not included with the massive quantity of items STILL. I hope this gets included in a future release because Malah is 100% correct here and is representative of the few issues this mod has that can be rectified.

EDIT: Is there any way to have spell timers included with the buff bar? And make them highlightable? Not sure what the engine limitations are here but as of now I just get a visual on what's there but no real information as to when my buff will expire etc. Not an issue really but curious nonetheless.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:-Rerolling is dead.Total Cost: Around 13 k gold

Are you serious? 13k is a big deal? I'm gold capped @ Lv 117. That' 1,170,000 + 2,500,000. Why are you hung up on 13k?

My gripe would have to be the horrible pathing issues. Yes, not patching. Pathing. If there's anything between you and where you wanna go, you need to click to the left or right and go around the object instead of your character just knowing the quickest route to the desired location.

I don't put this on the Devs, I'm sure it's something left over from D2, but I would still like to see it resolved.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:-Rerolling is dead.Total Cost: Around 13 k gold

Are you serious? 13k is a big deal? I'm gold capped @ Lv 117. That' 1,170,000 + 2,500,000. Why are you hung up on 13k?

Lol do I really need explain this again?

If you just remove the explanation I gave, and assume I‘m level 120 when this is clearly not the point of the game I was talking about, why are you even trying a discussion?

What‘s the point of your post? What are you trying to tell me?