Game wont start

Need help installing the mod?
carrx
Imp
4 | 0
I can not start the game from Launcher. I click PLAY and nothing happens. My Game.exe has 60 KB. It always changes value after reinstalling median xl.
Daczer
Skeleton
2 | 0
I have the same problem. I got white screen and "not responding" in task manager. "Clean" Diablo LoD works well, after Median XL installation I need to reinstall Diablo because it won't start.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Daczer wrote:I have the same problem. I got white screen and "not responding" in task manager. "Clean" Diablo LoD works well, after Median XL installation I need to reinstall Diablo because it won't start.

If you hit "PLAY" in the Launcher and the game starts up showing only a white window, try disabling "keep desktop composition" in Glide settings.
carrx
Imp
4 | 0
What size game.exe should have? I thing launcher destroy my exe.
Daczer
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
Daczer wrote:I have the same problem. I got white screen and "not responding" in task manager. "Clean" Diablo LoD works well, after Median XL installation I need to reinstall Diablo because it won't start.

If you hit "PLAY" in the Launcher and the game starts up showing only a white window, try disabling "keep desktop composition" in Glide settings.

Thank you for help. It works for me. Also I had "Windows XP compatibility mode" turned on, now it's disabled.

carrx wrote:What size game.exe should have? I thing launcher destroy my exe.

I also have 60kb launcher.
Becakmayat
Fallen
1 | 0
I,ve tried to install the mod. When I hit start a message come out stating exactyly like this

Error : Read access missing to patch memory at 6FCF7B75
Please install a clean version of Lord fo Destruction

You can avoid this error message by setting
ActiveCkeckMemory=0 in PluY.ini
(WARNING: Be careful when you use it, it shouldn't be used by common user)

What should I do? Any help?
carrx
Imp
4 | 0
Nice that you guys solving your problems in my topic :(.... Any advise to my issue any one?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Becakmayat wrote:I,ve tried to install the mod. When I hit start a message come out stating exactyly like this
► Show Spoiler

What should I do? Any help?

It means your installation is tainted with leftovers of PlugY (which is now incompatible). What you have to do is the following: uninstall the mod and the game, make sure your PC has not leftovers of PlugY, Median and D2 (use a cleaning software if needed). Restart the PC and install D2+LoD again, then MXL

carrx wrote:Nice that you guys solving your problems in my topic :(.... Any advise to my issue any one?

Set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator and try it in compatibility mode with Windows 7. Do you have any security program that might be preventing the launcher from working? If you try running the game from the Diablo II.exe in the directory what happen?
Relian
Skeleton
3 | 0
I have exactly the same Problem. I did run it from the game.exe and the diablo2.exe and nothing happens. In the taskmanager the process apears and after 2 seconds it is gone. Earlyer that day all went well. Also my game.exe is only 60kb. I reinstalled and cleand the registry. Still the same. Launcher and exe files just dont execute.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
carrx wrote:I can not start the game from Launcher. I click PLAY and nothing happens. My Game.exe has 60 KB. It always changes value after reinstalling median xl.

Relian wrote:I have exactly the same Problem. I did run it from the game.exe and the diablo2.exe and nothing happens. In the taskmanager the process apears and after 2 seconds it is gone. Earlyer that day all went well. Also my game.exe is only 60kb. I reinstalled and cleand the registry. Still the same. Launcher and exe files just dont execute.

Hitting the play button makes the launcher close for 2-3 sec, than reappear and nothing else happens?
If yes try this: close game and Launcher then delete the file "preferences.json" in %appdata%\MedianXL\save\