How does dual wielding work?

Discuss Median XL!
eternalbeat
Imp
4 | 0
There is no info in the docs about dual wielding, seems like a pretty important mechanic to have some info somewhere.

Although personally I'm mostly interested in claw skills on my assassin as that's what i'm playing...

Some of the questions that we should try to answer and document:
1. Do certain skills hit with the main weapon only (so for example, on my clawsin, 2nd claw is only stat stick?)
2. Do certain skills hit with both weapons at the same time?
3. Do certain skills alternate weapons?
scrangos
Skeleton
2 | 0
From my limited testing the assassin skill tree skills in median only hit with the main weapon. I dont know about any item given skills though.

In vanilla D2, dragon claw and the fists of x skills hit with both claws (granting two charges or two chances to consume the charges).

Which is a shame, my favorite playstyle was to build charges and release em with dual claws.
eternalbeat
Imp
4 | 0
scrangos wrote:From my limited testing the assassin skill tree skills in median only hit with the main weapon. I dont know about any item given skills though.

In vanilla D2, dragon claw and the fists of x skills hit with both claws (granting two charges or two chances to consume the charges).

Which is a shame, my favorite playstyle was to build charges and release em with dual claws.

Try batstrike, that's basically the same playstyle
scrangos
Skeleton
2 | 0
eternalbeat wrote:
scrangos wrote:From my limited testing the assassin skill tree skills in median only hit with the main weapon. I dont know about any item given skills though.

Try batstrike, that's basically the same playstyle

Sadly batstrike only uses the main hand, and theres no dual wield finisher... hell theres no real finisher its just the default attack. Batstrike is also not designed well for dual wield, as the second charge would be a dud to spam =/

Also lacking a dual wield block passive @.@
TimeGuardian
Cultist
24 | 5
I found this in the discord channel, it might help you:

Shamanerik
Fallen
1 | 0
Looks like skills from a shield works, which makes dualwielding pointless, unless u got a special weapon item with high + skill levels etc..
It's too bad, would be nice to wield 2 uber items for enhanced damage 8-)
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Would be really nice to see dual wielding builds pay off, but I assume that requires changes to the engine. Wtb dual wielding whirlwind barb be at least somewhat worthwhile.
patlefort
Sasquatch
63 | 1
Barb get a big attack speed boost with dual wield. My barb last season sported
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
with whatever offhand that gave good stats to do massive dps.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TimeGuardian wrote:I found this in the discord channel, it might help you:

Wait, does this mean minion dmg/life/res/AR doesn't work om the offhand weapon?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Minion stats work offhand.