So is Griswold nothing but that chest you can't do anything with?

Discuss Median XL!
Ishiga
Destroyer
6 | 0
He doesn't seem to drop anything else in normal. I'm going to assume I'm either missing something being as new as I am to this, or this is intended.
Vagabondage
Acid Prince
49 | 0
From patchnotes
    GRISWOLD: Reduced damage on Nightmare
    The Gift box has been removed
    New unique item replaces Gift Box. Spawns improved version on all difficulties
    This unique must be found and cannot be upgraded, it also cannot be disenchanted
    Avoid replaced with increased life
Which is meh change in my opnion.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The armor he drops itself is pretty decent as a starter, you will have next to zero problems wearing it all the way through Normal difficulty, i understand that it takes a while to getting used to not having a box to twink you out though but lets be honest the box farming runs made the first and even second difficulties trivial once you got all the TUs you wanted. Normally you'd just farm jitan armor, deadfall and featherclaw for wdm builds for instance, and that was good enough to carry you through early and mid game, now you just have to work harder for it unless you get rushed. The SU version of the armor is really good for an armor you can get as soon as you start Hell. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
I couldn't find another better body armor, so I found him again In nightmare, and upgraded tier, yay!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it drops t3 of the same item on nightmare , the sacred version on hell
c8die
Skeleton
2 | 0
Do any other bosses drop guaranteed uniques?
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Picked up an Eth version of the armor from hell Gris and dropped it on my merc, I have no complaints ^_^ very solid change from the gift box imo
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
c8die wrote:Do any other bosses drop guaranteed uniques?

All act bosses drop guaranteed uniques, AFAIK. Of course, there's no way to guarantee that they will drop something that you can actually use...
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
GreyRook wrote:
c8die wrote:Do any other bosses drop guaranteed uniques?

All act bosses drop guaranteed uniques, AFAIK. Of course, there's no way to guarantee that they will drop something that you can actually use...

Guaranteed u iques from bosses 2as removed. The exceptions are mephisto, baal and diablo. It's entirely possible to slay durial and Andy and not get a unique. As far as the sub bosses such as ancients, nili, etc, they aren't guaranteed either.

1-105 is kind of annoying but I find 120 - 125 to be even more so. Takes so many runs through Duncraig....
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
that must be a very rare case andariel and duriel not dropping any uniques