Impressions so far about Neutral Paladin?

Discuss Median XL!
Darklen
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
I have felt so far that Neutraldin is strangely very fun to play - it's kind of absurd how easy it is to steamroll through normal and about half of nightmare without needing to min/max gear, especially because stacking buffs such as Vindicate, Sacred Armor, and Demiurge renders You practically invincible until you mess up and don't recast them. (The amount of buffs available is kind of unhealthy lol.)

On the other hand, it's weird not having any active offensive skill; and Euphoria pretty much stays there uselessly accumulating dust.

Scourges and Hoplites were a very nice addition on Normal, made for a big dps boost when using Vindicate on them. However on Nightmare they became way too squishy to be reliable.

I found that Revive isn't really that useful for a Neutraldin unless you have specialized gear with %Summoned minion Damage, HP and resistances; and is absolutely useless in one-on-one fights.

Anyway, I didn't have any difficulty in facing any enemies until Nightmare Baal - I couldn't really get close to him and died many times trying to survive; the mana burn is atrocious since it prevents from casting Demiurge and Sacred Armor. Managed much better once I had
Crusade
for Eagle Stance, but it was still too difficult due to having low range, even with maxed elem resists.

I had these items before starting Hell Act I:
► Show Spoiler

I have some questions about the class tho:

- Would a summon focused gameplay be viable? Scourges and Hoplites seem interesting, but they don't get any %dmg/hp at all due to not having holy or unholy skills, have no poison damage from Plague, and Blessed Life appears way too late into the game; though in exchange they have a crapton of max skill level due to Life and Death/Solstice and Equinox.

- From the Sacred Uniques Weapons, would it be better to pick Bone Scalpel (4~5 all skills, 30~60% vessel damage, summon life/res, up to 1500 Dex [10 dex per level]),
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
(Vessel Dmg Bonus from Passive is doublet), or
The Angiris Star
The Angiris Star
Angel Star (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 55 to 58
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 602
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Vessel of Retribution: 0.7% Damage Leeched as Life
3% Chance to cast level 40 Death Ripple on Death Blow
+(4 to 6) to Paladin Skill Levels
20% Movement Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+30% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-50% to Fire Spell Damage
-50% to Lightning Spell Damage
-50% to Cold Spell Damage
-50% to Poison Spell Damage
(5 to 20)% to Vitality
(5 to 20)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Socketed (3)
?

- Would it be better to invest more Energy or on Energy Factor to Spell Damage, since Demiurge is what provides most of the paladin's stats? (Or both, if possible.)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
there are already a lot of threads about the neutraldin , why did you create a new one ?

- no active skills- > get an oskill . Auto Da Fe has Apocalypse for example

- ressurect is a 1-pointer

- yes , summoner is viable . you CAN get plague from TU Grim Fang short sword (later on you can have it on crafts)

- yes , the Scalpel is ok for a summoner neutraldin
Darklen
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:there are already a lot of threads about the neutraldin , why did you create a new one ?

- no active skills- > get an oskill . Auto Da Fe has Apocalypse for example

- ressurect is a 1-pointer

- yes , summoner is viable . you CAN get plague from TU Grim Fang short sword (later on you can have it on crafts)

- yes , the Scalpel is ok for a summoner neutraldin

1. Because the one other current thread is about Vesseldin itself; the other one was before release and was an extreme mess.
2. I had tried it, but the damage isn't really any better than just standing around; besides consuming too much mana earlier in the game.
3. I see, but if someone were to play pure summoner it wouldn't be so bad, considering it adds a somewhat decent boost to the summon's stats (which may be less noticeable due to items that grant +skills).
4. I didn't know that! Thank you.
5. Thanks :o