Melee Necro in Sigma - Help Required

Discuss Median XL!
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello fellow XL'ers!

tl;dr - nerf boss health, buff drop rate of sacred class-specific weapons (might only be necro str scythes which have shitty drop-rates)

I'm currently playing a melee necro like I do most ladders, I have opted for super-maxing Carnage for single target and then some points in Parasite for the clear like I normally would. It was going smoothly until mid Hell and the damage disappeared and the endless corpse zerging of overtuned bosses began.

I've reached Diablo in Hell at level 109 but I cannot seem to break the pattern I currently face with all act bosses and some trash packs. Since I'm a melee nec I have to go to their face, I whack a few times with carnage, a tiny amount of damage is done to the boss, if I don't get 1-shot by a punch to the face I can walk away, avoid some mechanics, rinse and repeat, but it appears they have over buffed the bosses health/damage by so much that it doesn't matter how much defense I have or how many easy mechanics I dodge (let's face it, none of the act bosses have challenging mechanics or have much to learn). I have well over 200k defense in Deathlord as well as 15% chance to avoid, Diablo has less than 10% chance to hit me apparently, but it doesn't matter, the amount of time it takes to drop his health bar while I Carnage him to the face I am going to get hit back at some point, and inevitably die several times. Any tips for this as a melee necro...? Although having played so many ladders of MXL I can't see how I can do anything different, the level of gear etc. that I have now would have killed Diablo previously, same boss, same mechanics, just 100% less fun and enjoyable.

My second issue, which may help to solve the first one in a roundabout way: Why can I not get Sacred necro scythes? I am running strength melee nec so I obviously want raptor scythes or bonesplitters, I have not seen ONE normal, magic OR rare sacred versions of these scythes, I must have seen a sacred version of EVERY single other weapon/armour type in the game in every rarity multiple times over and yet I can't get a necro scythe? I've seen and signeted plenty of set items and sacred uniques, picked up tons of sacred dex-necro weapons like daggers and ordinary scythes, so where are the ones I actually want? >_> The damage on my MO'd tiered unique is REALLY starting to hinder my progression, I'm picking up sacred rares (for other classes) with more than triple the damage of my weapon, but I can't upgrade mine as they DON'T DROP!

I would love to hear from other melee necs (or anybody really) if you have any ideas, or what your gear was like if you've done Diablo on Hell etc.

Thanks for reading!
Smittles
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hell diablo is a huge difficulty jump, unfortunately. He's going to take awhile to kill regardless of what class you play.

As for the sacred necro scythe, can anyone confirm these haven't bugged out? I've had paladin 1hb (sacred) in my item notifier from level 1 to 117 and if one dropped, I missed it.

I ended up having to buy a heraldic shield off gheed for the TU and I've seen 1 drop since. If anything else, class specific bases have had their drop rates significantly reduced.