Quill Rat no longer Viable?

Discuss Median XL!
dxkdxk
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
dxkdxk wrote:Trap rat is definitely viable and quite good. It didn't get much love with the new SUs though.

I got through Sunless Sea & Butcher. Uber Butcher didn't count as a boss or am I wrong? Bosses usually have the health bar at the bottom. So probably only actually Act Bosses count as bosses? If that's the case, CB might be back in business.

Not sure. I've done all the ubers up to lvl 120 requirement with my trap rat without much trouble. And my gear isn't that great (all runewords)
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dxkdxk wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
dxkdxk wrote:Trap rat is definitely viable and quite good. It didn't get much love with the new SUs though.

I got through Sunless Sea & Butcher. Uber Butcher didn't count as a boss or am I wrong? Bosses usually have the health bar at the bottom. So probably only actually Act Bosses count as bosses? If that's the case, CB might be back in business.

Not sure. I've done all the ubers up to lvl 120 requirement with my trap rat without much trouble. And my gear isn't that great (all runewords)

I'm having a hard time with a few of the 115s, but I just wanted to say that I just killed BPR and he dropped a helm called: Coldhunger. That's pretty good for trap rat, right? Also, what jewelry you recommend?
dxkdxk
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
dxkdxk wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:

I'm having a hard time with a few of the 115s, but I just wanted to say that I just killed BPR and he dropped a helm called: Coldhunger. That's pretty good for trap rat, right? Also, what jewelry you recommend?

Cold hunger is great. Synergies with cold pierce on brc skill too. Hold onto natha helm in case you need the extra physical resist.

For jewelry I use random 1sk rings and 4sk ammy. On-kill procs are always nice too. I haven't had any good unique jewelry drop. I'd love some luckied empyrean bands.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dxkdxk wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
dxkdxk wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:

Cold hunger is great. Synergies with cold pierce on brc skill too. Hold onto natha helm in case you need the extra physical resist.

For jewelry I use random 1sk rings and 4sk ammy. On-kill procs are always nice too. I haven't had any good unique jewelry drop. I'd love some luckied empyrean bands.

I just killed Azmodan and Primus. Azmodan was a chore, but he went down. I have some RW gear, nothing fancy. I haven't had any luck with jewelry at all, don't even have +skills on mine RIP.